Cardiologist - Electrophysiologist
SUMMARY: The Heart Group of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is currently seeking a Physician who is board certified/board eligible in Electrophysiology with experience in advanced ablation, device implantation, laser lead extraction, and LAA occlusion devices. This is a chance to join an established Electrophysiology program with 5 Electrophysiologists. We have state-of-the-art EP labs, hybrid OR and an extensive outpatient device clinic.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Consults with inpatients and outpatients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Performs procedures as necessary to aid in the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed treatment with the patient.
- Coordinate work with nurse practitioners, nurses, EP/pacer techs, pharmacists, and other health care providers.
- Takes call as assigned.
THE HEART GROUP OF PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH: The Heart Group is a well-established, hospital-owned practice that has been serving the Lancaster community for over 35 years. We are comprised of 28 cardiologists with subspecialties that include interventional cardiology, non-invasive/general cardiology, electrophysiology and congestive heart failure services. This position's call responsibility is approximately one in five weekends. We are part of the Penn Medicine system, which means research and cooperative clinical studies are available. We offer competitive salaries with generous vacation and CME time. We are committed to a high level of patient care with a balance of life and work.
ABOUT LANCASTER: Lancaster County is a growing and dynamic community with more than a half million residents. We have critically acclaimed restaurants, are home to private/state colleges and are within driving distance of several large metropolitan areas (Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, DC).
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 09/12/2019
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or Board eligible.
- Board certified or board eligible in cardiac electrophysiology
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Successful completion of cardiac electrophysiology fellowship.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.