Cardiologist - Cardiac Imaging Specialist (MRI)
The Heart Group Of LG Health
1410 General Cardiology
SUMMARY: Due to growth in our practice, we have an opportunity for a BE/BC non-invasive cardiologist. Level II or III training in Cardiac CT imaging highly preferred. Board Certification in Nuclear imaging as well as proficiency in Level II or III Echocardiogram and Transesophageal Echocardiogram is required. This is a chance to join an established CMRI and CTA program with an expanding patient population. We have state-of-the-art scanners and eight established physicians who oversee imaging for TEE, CTA, Nuclear and Echocardiogram stress testing. We also have two cardiologists who interpret CMRI.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Consults with inpatients and outpatients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of heart or vascular disease and help diagnose condition.
- Performs procedures as necessary to aid in the treatment or prevention of heart disease.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed treatment with the patient.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Refers patients to medical specialists when necessary.
- Takes call as assigned.
- Provides clinical and didactic teaching to residents, medical students and staff.
- Represents the practice at Hospital committees in such a manner that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed among all of the physicians in the group.
- Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice.
- Attends Directors' and Committee meetings.
- Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes the certification examination to maintain re-certification status.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE HEART GROUP OF PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH: The Heart Group is a well-established, hospital-owned practice that has been serving the Lancaster community for over 35 years. We are comprised of 25+ cardiologists with subspecialties that include interventional cardiology, non-invasive/general cardiology, electrophysiology and Board Certified congestive heart failure services. Echocardiography services, which are offered at the main hospital and five satellite facilities, perform 20,000 echocardiograms a year. We have LVAD implantation and ECMO services, which our imaging physicians support. This position's call responsibility is approximately one in six weekends. We are part of the Penn Medicine system, which means research and cooperative clinical studies are available. We offer competitive salaries with generous vacation and CME time. We are committed to a high level of patient care with a balance of life and work.
ABOUT LANCASTER: Lancaster County is a growing and dynamic community with more than a half million residents. We have critically acclaimed restaurants, are home to private/state colleges and are within driving distance of several large metropolitan areas (Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, DC).
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 07/11/2019
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or Board eligible.
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Successful completion of cardiology fellowship.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.