Cardiac Sonographer; (Full Time, Days)
1.0 FTE, Day Shift, normal hours 0800-1630, occasional call (2 times per month), weekends (approximately 5 per year), and holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs transthoracic, stress and transesophageal echocardiograms and prepares quantitative data for physician interpretation. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (0 days–12 yrs), adolescent (13–17 yrs), adult (18-64 yrs) and geriatric (> 65 yrs).
Job Description: 1.0 FTE, Day Shift, normal hours 0800-1630, occasional call (2 times per month), weekends (approximately 5 per year), and holidays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Acquire data and report comprehensive findings for echocardiography studies. Modalities include, but may not be limited to 2D imaging, 3D imaging, M-mode, spectral Doppler, color flow Doppler and strain imaging.
- Acquire data and report comprehensive findings for exercise and pharmacological stress echocardiography.
- Acquire data and report comprehensive findings for pediatric echocardiography as required.
- Assume “On Call” responsibilities as required.
- Assist the physician and nurse in performing transesophageal echocardiography (TEE). Operate the echo system, record and process data. Clean and care for TEE probes.
- Start and troubleshoot IV’s.
- Possess the clinical acuity to know when and how to administer agitated saline for microcavitation studies.
- Possess the clinical acuity to know when and how to administer echo contrast.
- Possess the clinical acuity to know when to provide critical results to the ordering physician.
- Assist with the performance and reporting for specialty and research echocardiograms as they are presented.
- Assist with the transportation and prep of patients when required.
- Review and apply the results from other diagnostic studies that may relate to the findings of the echocardiogram.
- Assist with the teaching/training of students from approved institutions. Also assist with the training of new hires when requested.
- Monitor and record patient vital signs.
- Initiate CPR when necessary. Assist nurses and physicians during medical emergencies.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of accredited institution, specializing in cardiac sonography. If recent graduate, must obtain appropriate credential (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and/or (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within two (2) years of employment.
- Registered (having appropriate credential from ARDMS and/or CCI) or registry eligible (at least 2 yrs. experience in echocardiography). If registry eligible, must obtain appropriate credential within one (1) year of employment.
- Graduate of accredited institution, specializing in cardiac sonography and/or one (1) year of experience in echocardiography.
- Candidate must obtain either Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) credentials from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) credentials from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in order to apply for the position.
- Must obtain Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) credentials from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within one (1) year of being hired into new position.
- Two (2) years of experience in echocardiography with the appropriate credentials from ARDMS (RDCS) and/or CCI (RCS).
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/07/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.