Cardiac Sonographer- Part Time
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
0.5 FTE position with occasional on-call, weekends, and minimal holidays.
5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Job Title: Cardiac Sonographer- part time
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Part time (20 hours a week) varied shifts (mainly 8:00 am- 4:30 pm) occasional on-call weekends, and minimal holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs transthoracic, stress and transesophageal echocardiograms and prepares quantitative data for physician interpretation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Acquire data and report comprehensive findings for echocardiography studies. Modalities include, but may not be limited to 2D imaging, 3D imaging, M-mode, spectral Doppler, color flow Doppler and strain imaging.
- Acquire data and report comprehensive findings for exercise and pharmacological stress echocardiography.
- Acquire data and report comprehensive findings for pediatric echocardiography as required.
- Assume “On Call” responsibilities as required.
- Assist the physician and nurse in performing transesophageal echocardiography (TEE). Operate the echo system, record and process data. Clean and care for TEE probes.
- Start and troubleshoot IV’s.
- Possess the clinical acuity to know when and how to administer agitated saline for microcavitation studies.
- Possess the clinical acuity to know when and how to administer echo contrast.
- Possess the clinical acuity to know when to provide critical results to the ordering physician.
- Assist with the performance and reporting for specialty and research echocardiograms as they are presented.
- Assist with the transportation and prep of patients when required.
- Review and apply the results from other diagnostic studies that may relate to the findings of the echocardiogram.
- Assist with the teaching/training of students from approved institutions. Also assist with the training of new hires when requested.
- Monitor and record patient vital signs.
- Initiate CPR when necessary. Assist nurses and physicians during medical emergencies.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of accredited institution, specializing in cardiac sonography. If recent graduate, must obtain appropriate credential (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and/or (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within two (2) years of employment.
- Registered (having appropriate credential from ARDMS and/or CCI) or registry eligible (at least 2 yrs. experience in echocardiography). If registry eligible, must obtain appropriate credential within one (1) year of employment.
- Graduate of accredited institution, specializing in cardiac sonography and/or one (1) year of experience in echocardiography
- Two (2) years of experience in echocardiography with the appropriate credentials from ARDMS (RDCS) and/or CCI (RCS).
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/29/2021