Lancaster General Hospital
Job Title: Cardiac Sonographer
This position will work at Lancaster General Hospital in Lancaster, PA
Part-time, 0.4, 32 hours per two weeks working every weekend Saturday and Sunday 7:00am-3:30 pm.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Cardiac Sonographer. The Cardiac Sonographer performs transthoracic, stress and transesophageal echocardiograms and prepares quantitative data for physician interpretation.
● Acquire data and report comprehensive findings for exercise and pharmacological stress echocardiography.
● Assume “On Call” responsibilities as required. Assist the physician and nurse in performing transesophageal echocardiography (TEE). Operate the echo system, record and process data. Clean and care for TEE probes. ●
● Start and troubleshoot IV’s.
● Assist with the performance and reporting for specialty and research echocardiograms as they are presented.
● Review and apply the results from other diagnostic studies that may relate to the findings of the echocardiogram.
Graduate of accredited institution, specializing in cardiac sonography. If recent graduate, must obtain appropriate credential (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and/or (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within two (2) years of employment.
● Registered (having appropriate credential from ARDMS and/or CCI) or registry eligible (at least 2 yrs. experience in echocardiography). If registry eligible, must obtain appropriate credential within one (1) year of employment.
● Graduate of accredited institution, specializing in cardiac sonography and/or one (1) year of experience in echocardiography
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Posted on 07/31/2019