Lancaster General Hospital
This position will in Lancaster, PA
Casual, 0.1, 8 hours per two weeks; working variable 8 hour shifts to cover between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm , primarily 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with occasional weekend, rotational on call and rotation through ambulatory sites
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital and rotate to the various ambulatory sites. Performs transthoracic, stress and transesophageal echocardiograms and prepares quantitative data for physician interpretation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Acquire data and report comprehensive findings for echocardiography studies. Modalities include, but may not be limited to 2D imaging, 3D imaging, M-mode, spectral Doppler, color flow Doppler and strain imaging.
- Acquire data and report comprehensive findings for exercise and pharmacological stress echocardiography.
- Acquire data and report comprehensive findings for pediatric echocardiography as required.
- Assume “On Call” responsibilities as required.
- Assist the physician and nurse in performing transesophageal echocardiography (TEE). Operate the echo system, record and process data. Clean and care for TEE probes.
- Start and troubleshoot IV’s.
- Possess the clinical acuity to know when and how to administer agitated saline for microcavitation studies.
- Possess the clinical acuity to know when and how to administer echo contrast.
- Possess the clinical acuity to know when to provide critical results to the ordering physician.
- Assist with the performance and reporting for specialty and research echocardiograms as they are presented.
- Assist with the transportation and prep of patients when required.
- Review and apply the results from other diagnostic studies that may relate to the findings of the echocardiogram.
- Assist with the teaching/training of students from approved institutions. Also assist with the training of new hires when requested.
- Monitor and record patient vital signs.
- Initiate CPR when necessary. Assist nurses and physicians during medical emergencies.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of accredited institution, specializing in cardiac sonography. If recent graduate, must obtain appropriate credential (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and/or (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within two (2) years of employment.
- Registered (having appropriate credential from ARDMS and/or CCI) or registry eligible (at least 2 yrs. experience in echocardiography). If registry eligible, must obtain appropriate credential within one (1) year of employment.
- Graduate of accredited institution, specializing in cardiac sonography and/or one (1) year of experience in echocardiography
Posted on 07/19/2019
- Two (2) years of experience in echocardiography with the appropriate credentials from ARDMS (RDCS) and/or CCI (RDCS)
- This job requires FBI Fingerprinting and Child Abuse Clearances