Cafeteria Worker II
Lancaster General Hospital
1030 Food Service - Cafeteria
Food Service-Cafeteria Service
Position will work 40 hours/week; must be available for all shifts; every other weekend/holiday.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Cashiers and directs operation of cafeteria or catered service in the absence of cafeteria supervisor. Prepares cashier reports and cash deposits. Prepares, portions, and serves food and beverages. Maintains area in clean and orderly condition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cashiers once have programmed the data registers with correct pricing. Ensures customers are processed quickly and lines kept to a minimum length.
- Maintains adequate change bank to handle any cash transaction.
- Prepares accurate cashier reports at designated times and prepares money for deposit.
- Assumes the duties of Cafeteria Supervisor in his/her absence.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of experience in food service industry.
- One (1) year of experience with cash registers.
- Adequate math skills for handling money.
Posted on 08/09/2019
- Completion of a three-month sanitation course.