Cafeteria Worker II
Varied 1st & 2nd shifts. Every other weekend, every other holiday
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week), 1st and 2nd Shift, every other weekend/holiday
Sign on Bonus of $1000 (external candidates only)
POSITION SUMMARY: Cashiers and directs operation of cafeteria or catered service in the absence of cafeteria supervisor. Prepares cashier reports and cash deposits. Prepares, portions, and serves food and beverages. Maintains area in clean and orderly condition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Cashiers once have programmed the data registers with correct pricing. Ensures customers are processed quickly and lines kept to a minimum length.
- Maintains adequate change bank to handle any cash transaction.
- Prepares accurate cashier reports at designated times and prepares money for deposit.
- Assumes the duties of Cafeteria Supervisor in his/her absence.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Prepares menu board.
- Assists cafeteria supervisor by monitoring stock levels of food and beverage products to ensure that adequate supply of products are available. Ensures sanitations standards are maintained in server and dining areas
- Sets up catered service carts with equipment and supplies. Record items and quantities provided and returned.
- Makes sure that cafeteria and dining room equipment are orderly, clean, and sanitary
- Perform other duties as requested.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of experience in food service industry.
- One (1) year of experience with cash registers.
- Adequate math skills for handling money.
- Completion of a three-month sanitation course.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: beverage machines yogurt dispenser, cash register, oven, bread bagger, knives, plates, dipper, spatula, tongs, spreader, saran wrap.
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/02/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.