Varied shifts between first and second
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Part-Time (20/25 hours p/ week), Varies shift (1st/2nd)
Sign on Bonus of up to $500 (external candidates only)
Prepares, portions, and serves food and beverages required for cafeteria service and catered activities.
Collects money and maintains a pleasant environment in an area which is kept orderly, clean, and sanitary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares miscellaneous food and beverage items in the prescribed manner and stores them properly.
- Portions food accurately and serves in an attractive manner.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintains adequate supply of self-serve items properly displayed.
- Records items and volumes provided and returned from, catered events.
- Cashiers when functioning in the absence of a Cafeteria Worker II.
- Makes sure that cafeteria and dining room equipment are orderly, clean, and sanitary
- Perform other duties as requested.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Adequate math skills for handling money.
- One (1) year of experience in food service industry.
- One (1) year of experience with cash registers
- Completion of a three-month sanitation course.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: beverage machines yogurt dispenser, cash register, oven, bread bagger, knives, plates, dipper, spatula, tongs, spreader, saran wrap.
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/12/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.