EOW / EOH
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Various Shifts 1st/2nd, every other weekend/holiday, Full-Time, 40 hours p/ week.
POSITION SUMMARY: Directs and assists in providing quality cafeteria and catered services. Assures that money is accurately collected, documented and deposited. Directs personnel in maintaining equipment and assigned areas inn an orderly, clean, sanitary condition. Monitors for adherence and conformance of all day-to-day operational policies, procedures, plan-o-grams, standards and other requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Directs cafeteria personnel assuring that adequate food supplies are readily available, attractively displayed, proper portions served, and safe temperatures maintained.
- Maintains surveillance over service ware seeing that adequate supplies of dishware, flatware, trays and disposable supplies are readily available.
- Maintains proper staffing by adjusting number of personnel to meet volume being served.
- Monitors and documents adherence and conformance to all day to day operational policies, procedures, plan-o-grams, standards and other requirements. Makes sure cafeteria operations manual is updated when changes in procedures, plan-o-grams and standards are made.
- Maintains a pleasant and attractive environment for individuals utilizing the cafeteria and dining areas.
- Ensures that cashiers maintain a high level of service by processing customers as quickly as possible and keeping all lines to a minimum. Checks that money is being accurately collected, documented and deposited.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Direct the serving and introduction of new cafeteria menu items, product lines, specific station specials and special theme events in accordance with written guidelines and specifications.
- Directs cafeteria personnel in maintaining cafeteria serving and dining areas in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition.
- Directs catered services assuring the food and beverage quality standards are maintained and they are attractively presented.
- Checks that personnel are accurately documenting food, beverages and supplies provided through catered services.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Certified knowledge in sanitation standards.
- One year supervisory experience in food industry.
- One year experience working with food and equipment.
- Two years experience in supervision in the food industry.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Cash register, yogurt machine, coffee urns, juice dispenser, soda unit, oven, pretzel machine, tea machine, Knives
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/18/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.