CTICU Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner (Fulltime, Nights)
Lancaster General Hospital
3508 Cardiac Surgery
Cardiac Surgery Advanced Practice Providers
Position is located at Lancaster General Hospital.
HOURS: Fulltime; Monday through Thursday (10 hour shifts), Nights. This position does not include weekend coverage.
SUMMARY: The Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Penn Medicine, Lancaster General Health, seeks a qualified Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our robust surgical practice which currently encompasses 3 board certified surgeons performing 600 annual open heart procedures, in addition to 150-200 trans-catheter aortic and mitral valve interventions and 60 ECMO implantations. The breadth of surgical procedures offered includes coronary revascularization, minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve repair/replacement, ascending aortic and arch procedures, complex aortic root repair, LVAD/RVAD implantation, complex re-operative surgery and TEVAR. Our practice is currently supported by 7 full-time advanced practitioners. We are seeking a full-time staff member to serve as an overnight in-house practitioner who will be responsible for the direct management of all pre and post-operative cardiac patients residing in our CTICU and telemetry units. On average, this entails the nightly coverage of roughly 20-25 total patients (10 ICU). This is a non-operative position with a particular emphasis on critical care with the potential for performing bedside procedures. Operative experience/skill is not required. The selected candidate will operate under the direct supervision of the on-call surgeon (24/7), but will be expected to develop autonomy in the direct medical management of patients during both pre-and post-operative phases of care. A thorough on-boarding and educational program will be implemented to allow the practitioner to develop in a comfortable yet stimulating environment. The ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment is essential.
For more information about LG Health Physicians Cardiothoracic Surgery, click here
LG Health Physicians offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Fully-integrated Stage 7 (HIMSS) Electronic Medical Record
- Paid Malpractice Insurance
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- CME Expense coverage
- CME Paid Days Off
- Prescription plan that offers significant discounts
- Optional dental and vision plans
- Free Life Insurance, Short- term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Income Accounts including 403(b)
Lancaster General Health combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals, and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provide opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a drive away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, shopping and dining, and local sports teams makes Lancaster a great place to Live, Work, and Play.
If Nurse Practitioner
- Valid Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Certification by ANCC or other qualifying agency in area of specialty required.
- Valid Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner license and Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in Pennsylvania
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure.
- 2 years previous experience in a Nurse Practitioner role preferred.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
If Physician Assistant
- Current Licensure as a Physician Assistant by PA Board of Medicine
- Valid, unrestricted federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number
- Credentialed by, and a member in good standing of, the LGH Medical and Dental Staff with appropriate unrestricted clinical privileges.
- Satisfaction of relevant continuing education requirements.
- Participation as a provider in good standing in the Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare programs and such other third-party payment programs, including managed care programs, in which LGMG participates.
- Prior experience as Physician Assistant in a primary care office preferred.
For more information, please contact Sharon Graver, APP Recruiter, at (717) 544-4104 or Sharon.Graver@pennmedicine.upenn.edu or view our website LG Health Jobs for information on our community and our health system.
Posted on 04/23/2020