CT Technologist Assistant
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
5520 RAD-Computerized Tomography
Job Title: Technologist Assistant-X-Ray
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Full-time 80hr/ 2 weeks working Monday through Friday 11:30 am to 8:00pm no weekends or holidays to support the busy Imaging call center and to help with scheduling and answering questions regarding the CT and Ultrasound Modalities. Will also assist with daily patient issues. Occasional clinical assistance with patients at the owntown Pavilion. This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Technologist Assistant for the CT and Ultraound Departments in the Imagin Call Center at Lancaster General Hospital. The Technologist Assistant Performs advanced radiology patient care activities and procedures for patients of varying ages under the indirect supervision of a registered technologist/sonographer and completes all associated tasks and responsibilities necessary to manage patient care needs while patient is in Diagnostic Imaging Department for procedures. Assist in the development and the monitoring of department specific systems and in the coordination of activities that improve the quality of patient care in Diagnostic Imaging Services.
Environment Management –
- Completes cleaning tasks utilizing OSHA standards. Performs maintenance and/or inventory of equipment according to unit/department standards.
- Maintains unit order and efficiency.
- Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned workstation, rotating stock to eliminate outdated items.
Patient Care and Safety –
- Provides basic comfort, support and addresses safety needs of patients.
- Accepts verbal and/or written assignments from registered technologist and seeks clarification and/or assistance as necessary.
- Completes examination, consultation, and billing procedures as required. Performs other paper work as applicable.
- Greets patients, confirms their identification, performing the correct procedures as directed. Completely explains the procedure to the patient (and family if present) as directed.
- Performs visual preventative safety inspections. Completes warm-up procedures for each room/equipment as assigned. Records quality control activities. Reports equipment conditions to Quality Control/Materials Manager or appropriate personnel.
Clinical Skills –
- Schedule patients and demonstrate proper phone etiquette. Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned workstation, rotating stock to eliminate outdated items.
- Assist in procedures to include but not limited to patient positioning, maneuvering of equipment, assisting in administering contrast, prepare room for procedure, and scrub in for sterile techniques.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSURE:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of the educational requirements (additional formal education/training; maximum supervision for initial competency; high degree associated risk factors; yearly competency evaluation and training).
- This position Requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/09/2020