The Computerized Tomography (CT) Technologist is responsible for providing radiographic care for the purpose of diagnostic and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: PRN, one weekend/month with the option to pick up additional hours. No holiday or on-call rotation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs all routine diagnostic radiographic CT procedures through proper patient positioning and technique selection, in accordance with established LG protocols, policies and procedures.
- Receives requests, checking for special instructions from the requesting physicians. Consults with Radiologists as necessary.
- Greets patients--confirming their identifications performing the correct procedures as directed and completely explaining the procedure to patient and family as directed.
- Operates and enters information through the hospital computer system. Documents required information and patient history in the electronic medical record. Documents other information as required.
- Completes examination, consultation, and billing procedures as required.
- Accurately and appropriately utilizes all computer related equipment, such as the electronic health record, email and the intranet.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an AMA-approved Radiological Technology, Nuclear Medicine or Radiation Therapy School.
- Certification/degree in Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine, Computerized Tomography, or Radiation Therapy.
- CT Technologist must obtain CT Certification within 18 months of hire.
- CPR certification is required.
- Must have worked or studied in patient care environment and performed high quality imaging procedures.
- Two (2) years of advanced imaging experience.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: CT equipment, injectors, pulse oximeter, PACS, HIS/RIS computer, angio-catheter, butterfly needles, biopsy and drainage supplies.
Software: Epic, McKesson, CT software, optical disk, RIS.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/22/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.