At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
5520 RAD-Computerized Tomography
Job Title: CT Technologist
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0 , 80 hr/2week rotating between second and third shift either 2:30pm-11:00pm or 10:30 pm to 6:00am with every third weekend with some holiday and on call . Extensive orientation offered for this opportunity in an advanced CT Department. Experience preferred but will train. Busy Level II Trauma Center. Will orient to multiple units and stroke process with portable CT.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: The CT Technologist provides radiographic care for the purpose of diagnostic and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders . Located at Lancaster General Hospital, candidate must be willing to work other sites IP or OP .
- Performs all routine diagnostic radiographic CT procedures through proper patient positioning
- Receives requests, checking for special instructions from the requesting physicians; consults with radiologists as necessary. Greets patients and confirms their identification. Completely explains the procedure to the patient and family.
- Responsible for required documentation and patient history in the request and history sheet, documents other information as required. Completes examination, consultation, and billing procedures as required.
- Performs visual preventive safety inspections, completes warm-up procedures for each radiographic room/equipment as assigned. Records quality control activities, reports equipment conditions to Team leader or appropriate personnel. Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned workstation, rotating stock in an orderly fashion and eliminating outdated items.
- Participates in the clinical education of Radiology students as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an AMA-approved Radiological Technology, Nuclear Medicine or Radiation Therapy School.
- Certification/degree in Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine, Computerized Tomography, or Radiation Therapy.
- CT Technologist must obtain CT Certification within 18 months of hire.
- CPR certification is required.
- Must have worked or studied in patient care environment and performed high quality imaging procedures.
- Two (2) years of advanced imaging experience
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES A CERTIFICATION
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES FBI FINGERPRINTING AND CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCES
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/01/2020