Lancaster General Hospital
5520 RAD-Computerized Tomography
Job Title: CT Technologist
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0 , 80 hr/2week working either 10:30p-6:30a or 11:00pm-7:00am with monthly weekend rotation and with some holidays and on call. Busy Level II Trauma Center. Will orient to multiple units and stroke process with portable CT.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: The CT Technologist provides radiographic care for the purpose of diagnostic and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders . Located at Lancaster General Hospital, candidate must be willing to work other sites IP or OP .
- Performs all routine diagnostic radiographic CT procedures through proper patient positioning
- Receives requests, checking for special instructions from the requesting physicians; consults with radiologists as necessary. Greets patients and confirms their identification. Completely explains the procedure to the patient and family.
- Responsible for required documentation and patient history in the request and history sheet, documents other information as required. Completes examination, consultation, and billing procedures as required.
- Performs visual preventive safety inspections, completes warm-up procedures for each radiographic room/equipment as assigned. Records quality control activities, reports equipment conditions to Team leader or appropriate personnel. Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned workstation, rotating stock in an orderly fashion and eliminating outdated items.
- Participates in the clinical education of Radiology students as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 06/16/2020
- Graduate of an AMA-approved Radiological Technology, Nuclear Medicine or Radiation Therapy School.
- Certification/degree in Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine, Computerized Tomography, or Radiation Therapy.
- CT Technologist must obtain CT Certification within 18 months of hire.
- CPR certification is required.
- Must have worked or studied in patient care environment and performed high quality imaging procedures.
- Two (2) years of advanced imaging experience
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES A CERTIFICATION
- THIS POOSITION REQUIRES FBI FINGERPRINTING AND CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCES