At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
*Position would include hours at our 3 locations: Lancaster General Hospital, Suburban Outpatient Pavilion and Women & Babies Hospital.
HOURS: Part time (40 hours/2 weeks), varied hours (8, 10, & 12 hour shifts). Approximately 1 holiday per year and 3-4 weekends per year (Saturday OR Sunday).
SUMMARY: Administers general anesthesia and provides monitored surveillance and clinical management for patients receiving local or regional anesthesia in the operative or obstetric setting. Works under the medical direction of an attending Anesthesiologist in providing anesthesia care and post-operative evaluation for patients in the Operating Room, Maternity Center, Cardiac Cath Lab, or Emergency Room setting. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above).
- Prepares for the administration of anesthesia, giving attention to required clinical inventory, complete checkout of anesthesia delivery systems (anesthesia machine) and availability of appropriate physiological monitoring.
- Reviews Anesthesiologist-provided pre-operative evaluations and assessment of patients by chart review and interview.
- Confirms assignment of the appropriate physical status to the patient by the Anesthesiologist.
- Formulates an anesthesia plan and alternative plan including the discussion of relevant pathophysiology and pharmacology.
- Administers anesthesia care (general anesthesia, I.V. sedation, and clinical surveillance of the local or regional patient) in accordance with accepted standards of anesthesia care and concern for patient safety.
- Evaluates the post-operative course of the patient to recognize complications that may have resulted from anesthesia and alerts physicians of adverse findings.
- Maintains a clinical record that accurately documents the course of the anesthetic care (physiological monitor data, blood and fluid replacement, physiological output, drugs administered, consultation and untoward events, routine events, etc.).
- Gives a comprehensive and complete report to the Nursing Staff of P.A.C.U. or Critical Care Unit, which accepts care of patient immediately following cessation of anesthetic.
- Visits the patient post-operatively, and documents the visit with a post-operative note, in accordance with Anesthesia Department policy and J.C.A.H.O. requirements.
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse is required, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Must be a graduate of a School of Nurse Anesthesia accredited by the Council on Accreditation of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), and eligible to sit for initial certification exam.
- Must hold a valid certification or re-certification card from the Council on Re-certification of Nurse Anesthetists of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
- Two (2) years of Nurse Anesthetist experience is preferred for the position.
- One (1) year of Critical Care nursing is preferred.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of training program/clinical experience is preferred for the position.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 03/03/2021