COVID-19 RN/LPN Case Investigator- Temporary
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
Contact Tracing - RN Supervisor
This position is located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Remote work will be available after completion of on site training for a period of 3-4 weeks.
HOURS: TEMPORARY- Project Duration through end of November- 12 hours shifts from 7am - 7pm.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Case Investigator will be responsible for contacting Lancaster County residents confirmed with COVID-19 infection to provide education regarding the recommendation to self-isolate, assess their ability to safely comply with the recommended control measures, and to elicit information on close contacts who need to be notified of their exposure. This contact tracing initiative is in tandem with statewide-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and knowledge of effective strategies to reduce transmission, and implementation of isolation and quarantine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conduct telephone calls with persons diagnosed with COVID-19 to complete case interviews and elicit information of contacts exposed to COVID-19
- Provide follow-up instructions to cases related to isolation/quarantine, symptom monitoring and assess the need for medical care and supportive services
- Communicate with cases in a professional and empathetic manner
- Collect and record information from interviews into the data management system
- Follow approved scripts and protocols, provide people with approved information about isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing
- Provide information on where to find other social, health resources using approved script/resource list
- Protect and maintain individuals’ privacy and confidentiality
- Comply with the Department of Health and other mandated safety procedures or regulations
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN, AAN and/or BSN OR LPN required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with people from diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic backgrounds during a time of crisis
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of social and community resources
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Data Entry
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience working in healthcare, social service or a community outreach program
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/11/2020