Per Diem, Temporary
POSITION SUMMARY: The Continuing Medical Education Coordinator strategizes to develop formal CME and informal education programs that meet the assessed needs of Lancaster General Health practitioners to ensure quality care and maintain current standards of practice. Innovates with leadership to leverage provider attendance tracking for required programs. May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate groups. Ensures compliance with accrediting body regulations in activity planning and maintains files and records of all CME events. Coordinates early morning, evening and weekend events. Coordinates program logistics, which may include securing facilities or equipment, contacting and scheduling speakers or lecturers, and inviting and enrolling participants. Negotiates vendor fees to keep within existing budgets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable
accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Strategizes with CME Manager and other thought leaders to provide quality, low cost, just-in-time CME to physicians and Advanced Practice Clinicians (APCs).
- Adapts CME procedures to meet organizational goals of the Clinical Integration Network, Lean and Medical Staff, etc.
- Designs, develops, and implements innovative training, curriculum, materials, and programs meet a variety of initiatives utilizing adult learning principles.
- Creates compelling e-learning modules so providers meet mandatory state reporting requirements.
- Works closely with departments and subject matter experts to deliver educational products that best meet provider needs including back-end reporting via learning management system (LMS) and other means of tracking/reporting.
- Performs needs assessments and creates outcome reports.
- Develops and participates in CME research projects as part of the organization’s efforts to achieve Accreditation with Commendation.
- Creates content for and maintains LGH CME social media account(s).
- Markets the education initiative to interested parties/departments regarding available technologies to help them determine which learning modality will best meet their needs.
- Coordinates recurring events and symposia, from planning, implementation to wrap up, including venue reservations, equipment procurement, arranging payments to vendors.
- Builds registration in LMS for symposia, including packages, registration fee collection, custom registration landing pages, and custom confirmation emails.
- Manages evening, early morning and weekend on- and off-campus CME conferences to setup/take-down, assist speakers and ensure smooth flow.
- Provides on-site support for each program including technical support, attendance, distribution and collection of evaluation feedback, faculty disclosure and commercial support acknowledgement.
- Handles speaker travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Negotiates vendor fees to stay in budget.
- Closely tracks learning management system, ensuring meticulous record keeping and follow up of attendee credit history.
- Maintains database, online calendar, online event materials, and general website for department.
- Ensures that faculty disclosure/commercial support information is communicated to participants for each program.
- Collaborates with outside organizations to provide a variety of credits to LGH providers.
- Attends annual conferences as needed to maintain current knowledge of CME.
- Prepares for CME re-accreditation process; completes the application in coordination with CME Manager.
- Ensures all activities meet ACCME and other CE accrediting body accreditation standards.
- Initiates, maintains compliance, and uploads attendance to PARS Maintenance of Certification.
- Updates and maintains CME Policies and Procedure Manual in coordination with CME Manager.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- One (1) years’ experience in Continuing Medical Education and e-learning.
- Three (3) years’ experience in Continuing Medical Education.
- Three (3) years’ experience with eLearning and learning management systems.
- Three (3) years’ experience designing e-learning programs.
- Certified Healthcare CPD Professional (CHCP) or Healthcare CPD Associate Certificate.
- General knowledge of ACCME rules to ensure adherence to program rules and regulations and experience with the ACCME survey process.
- Able to integrate adult learning theory and instructional design methodology into an appropriate mix of delivery media and methods.
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions in mandatory.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Rarely
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/11/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.