Business Intelligence Developer
HOURS: Full TIme (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday-Friday day shift.
This position will directly support Periop/Surgical Services.
POSITION SUMMARY: The BI Developer is responsible for maintaining development standards for the Reporting Operations team and fulfilling all requests through analysis and development of requested information solutions. The BI Developer works closely with all levels of staff and customers to translate business needs into technical requirements, key performance indicators, design specifications, and implementation plans in order to meet the needs of end users of the Epic Integrated Health System.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Translate business requirements into business intelligence solutions utilizing tools such as, but not limited to, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, WebI, Universes, Cubes, SSMS.
- Interface and communicate with customers to define deliverables, issues, questions, needs, trends, and timing.
- Modify existing solutions as necessary and continually evaluating existing solutions for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Generate routine and ad-hoc reports (SQL, Crystal Reports, WebI) to complete data requests.
- Review peer reporting for validity, quality, and standardization.
- Identify and review the appropriate technological solutions for various needs to continually improve the business intelligence experience.
- Assist with training and knowledge transfer of Business Intelligence Developer best practices to other staff members.
- Help to maintain an enterprise business intelligence library and support the archiving of unused solutions.
- Support Epic’s reporting solutions: Radar, Reporting Workbench, Epic released universes and cubes.
- Fostering a continual relationship with the training and application teams to help support the reporting solutions developed by the BI team.
- Collaborate with our SAP administrators to continually improve the customer experience.
- Assist with Epic upgrades/updates by serving as a subject matter expert for the Epic Clarity data models.
- Participate in meetings with customers and team members.
- Continue to pursue professional development in order to stay abreast of best practice.
- Research and recommend healthcare data management industry strategies and software tools available to implement those strategies.
- Work closely with other members of the BI team to understand data structures and to set/follow best practices within BI.
- Innovate to challenge the status quo and create new analytical and developmental techniques.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences, health information management, math, engineering, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- One (1) year of experience in the development of reporting and/or analytic solutions using Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Universes, Cubes, etc.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Sound knowledge of SQL structures, relational and multidimensional database concepts, and query tools.
- Experience with data visualization concepts and data presentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member of multiple project teams.
- Critical thinking and an analytical mind.
- Epic data model certification(s).
- Professional experience with Epic applications and Epic Cogito tools: SlicerDicer, Epic-Crystal integration, Radar, Caboodle.
- Experience in healthcare and medical terminology.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Experience working with finance/accounting and an understanding of basic accounting.
- Basic knowledge of Business Intelligence and data warehouse concepts.
- Experience in healthcare and medical terminology.
- Understanding of concepts associated with Continuous Improvement activities.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/28/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.