Business Intelligence Developer
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full TIme (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday-Friday day shift.
This position will directly support Periop/Surgical Services.
POSITION SUMMARY: The BI Developer is responsible for maintaining development standards for the Reporting Operations team and fulfilling all requests through analysis and development of requested information solutions. The BI Developer works closely with all levels of staff and customers to translate business needs into technical requirements, key performance indicators, design specifications, and implementation plans in order to meet the needs of end users of the Epic Integrated Health System.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Translate business requirements into business intelligence solutions utilizing tools such as, but not limited to, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, WebI, Universes, Cubes, SSMS.
- Interface and communicate with customers to define deliverables, issues, questions, needs, trends, and timing.
- Modify existing solutions as necessary and continually evaluating existing solutions for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Generate routine and ad-hoc reports (SQL, Crystal Reports, WebI) to complete data requests.
- Review peer reporting for validity, quality, and standardization.
- Identify and review the appropriate technological solutions for various needs to continually improve the business intelligence experience.
- Assist with training and knowledge transfer of Business Intelligence Developer best practices to other staff members.
- Help to maintain an enterprise business intelligence library and support the archiving of unused solutions.
- Support Epic’s reporting solutions: Radar, Reporting Workbench, Epic released universes and cubes.
- Fostering a continual relationship with the training and application teams to help support the reporting solutions developed by the BI team.
- Collaborate with our SAP administrators to continually improve the customer experience.
- Assist with Epic upgrades/updates by serving as a subject matter expert for the Epic Clarity data models.
- Participate in meetings with customers and team members.
- Continue to pursue professional development in order to stay abreast of best practice.
- Research and recommend healthcare data management industry strategies and software tools available to implement those strategies.
- Work closely with other members of the BI team to understand data structures and to set/follow best practices within BI.
- Innovate to challenge the status quo and create new analytical and developmental techniques.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences, health information management, math, engineering, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- One (1) year of experience in the development of reporting and/or analytic solutions using Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Universes, Cubes, etc.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Sound knowledge of SQL structures, relational and multidimensional database concepts, and query tools.
- Experience with data visualization concepts and data presentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member of multiple project teams.
- Critical thinking and an analytical mind.
- Epic data model certification(s).
- Professional experience with Epic applications and Epic Cogito tools: SlicerDicer, Epic-Crystal integration, Radar, Caboodle.
- Experience in healthcare and medical terminology.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Experience working with finance/accounting and an understanding of basic accounting.
- Basic knowledge of Business Intelligence and data warehouse concepts.
- Experience in healthcare and medical terminology.
- Understanding of concepts associated with Continuous Improvement activities.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/23/2021