Business Intelligence Coordinator
Lancaster General Hospital
2529 Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence- Analytics
Located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE); 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Intelligence Coordinator is responsible for providing coordination support to operational processes and procedures within the Business Intelligence Department. This individual will be responsible for reviewing and maintaining critical documentation to support the Business Intelligence Department inventory along with all documentation of governance approvals for access to data. The coordinator will be responsible for contributing to standards that align to internal data governance guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for reviewing Business Intelligence intranet home for end users on a periodic basis and working with Business Intelligence management to facilitate changes as necessary.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all metadata for all Business Intelligence reports and tools.
- Documents and organizes quality structure data requests and works with Business Intelligence leadership to maintain and optimize request process.
- Coordinates quality structure request approval, prioritization, and completion.
- Creates and maintains active list of roles in organization and types of access to provide. Regularly audits current set up and makes suggestions to leaders for changes.
- Regularly runs usage reports for current tools to make suggestions for elimination.
- Works with staff to design and document repeatable processes that adhere to defined organizational standards for internal data governance.
- Facilitates end user training of clinical systems managed by the Business Intelligence team.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff to exchange information, ideas, and further continuous improvement initiatives.
- Plans, coordinates and reports on Business Intelligence initiative and/or project activity. Maintains communication with team members and leadership.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree in Healthcare Management, Business Administration or Health Information Management or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong experience and knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Strong experience and knowledge of MS Sharepoint and Visio.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possession of sharp teamwork/partnering skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement activities.
- Experience in healthcare and medical terminology.
- Experience with data analysis, data reporting and/or relational database concepts.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 04/15/2020