Business Intelligence Analyst- Customer Experience Dedicated
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time - Days
POSITION SUMMARY: This analyst will work closely with the Experience team by providing insight on patient satisfaction survey data. This individual will work closely with the data architects to incorporate external data into the Enterprise Data Warehouse in an effort to leverage patient satisfaction data with other key performance indicators and/or clinical data. The role of the Customer Experience dedicated analyst will be to act upon the vision of enhancing and expanding the scope of self service reporting as well as incorporate survey data into existing dashboards for increased visibility. The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing analytic support to system wide projects in order to display the value of analytics as well as how to leverage systems technology in supporting the business. Utilizes analytic methodologies and approaches to address a broad range of issues, executes analyses in a timely, accurate, and reliable manner, communicates findings clearly to diverse stakeholders and documents work for training and replication purposes. Works closely with all levels of staff and customers to determine analytic needs and requirements in order to identify opportunities for performance improvement and automation. Responsible for maintaining development standards for the reporting services team, and meeting the reporting needs generated by clinical and revenue end users of the Epic Integrated Health System.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Creates design specifications for analytics based on customer requests in order to provide actionable insight to accelerate growth and provide efficient, quality care.
- Aggregates data from disparate sources in order to provide analytics in meaningful ways to the end users in order to drive decision making.
- Conducts independent analysis, using statistical methods where appropriate, and clearly summarizes findings and recommendations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identifies and recommends new analytic opportunities.
- Analyzes technology trends to identify markets for future development and to improve existing products.
- Maintains knowledge of data warehouse structure and components.
- Translates project specific analysis into ongoing, automated reporting tools including specification preparation, design, testing, validation, analysis and merging data from various source systems.
- Develops a strong understanding of the source applications, processes and systems involved in creating and maintain specific detail-oriented reports/dashboards from assigned systems.
- Conceptualizes and recommends additional data, databases and reports for process reliability improvement initiatives and system quality reporting. Gauges the effectiveness and efficiency of existing reports and systems.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff to exchange information, ideas, and respond to inquiries.
- Maintains an inventory of existing and needed reports along with data dictionaries.
- Maintains and nurture relationships with key customers.
- Interfaces with clients to define report deliverables, issues, questions, needs, trends, and timing.
- Continues to pursue professional development in order to stay abreast of best practice.
- Research and recommend healthcare data management industry strategies and software tools available to implement those strategies.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Health Information Management or approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in data mining and analytics or relative database management in systems such as SQL server.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structures and relationships used in reporting historical trends, current opportunities/problems, and future direction.
- Knowledge of enterprise’s data and decision-making processes.
- Technically proficient across a range of computing platforms, languages, and applications.
- Sound knowledge of SQL and data extraction methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting and dashboarding programs such as Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with relational database concepts and query tools.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possession of sharp teamwork/partnering skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Epic Report Writer Certification(s).
- Experience in healthcare and medical terminology.
- Experience in statistical data analysis.
- Extensive professional experience Epic applications and database structure.
- Basic knowledge of business intelligence/data warehousing concepts.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/15/2020