Business Intelligence Analyst
Lancaster General Hospital
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing analytic support to system wide projects in order to display the value of analytics as well as how to leverage systems technology in supporting the business. Utilizes analytic methodologies and approaches to address a broad range of issues, executes analyses in a timely, accurate, and reliable manner, communicates findings clearly to diverse stakeholders and documents work for training and replication purposes. Works closely with all levels of staff and customers to determine analytic needs and requirements in order to identify opportunities for performance improvement and automation. Responsible for maintaining development standards for the reporting services team, and meeting the reporting needs generated by clinical and revenue end users of the Epic Integrated Health System.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Creates design specifications for analytics based on customer requests in order to provide actionable insight to accelerate growth and provide efficient, quality care.
- Aggregates data from disparate sources in order to provide analytics in meaningful ways to the end users in order to drive decision making.
- Conducts independent analysis, using statistical methods where appropriate, and clearly summarizes findings and recommendations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identifies and recommends new analytic opportunities.
- Analyzes technology trends to identify markets for future development and to improve existing products.
- Maintains knowledge of data warehouse structure and components.
- Translates project specific analysis into ongoing, automated reporting tools including specification preparation, design, testing, validation, analysis and merging data from various source systems.
- Develops a strong understanding of the source applications, processes and systems involved in creating and maintain specific detail-oriented reports/dashboards from assigned systems.
- Conceptualizes and recommends additional data, databases and reports for process reliability improvement initiatives and system quality reporting. Gauges the effectiveness and efficiency of existing reports and systems.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff to exchange information, ideas, and respond to inquiries.
- Maintains an inventory of existing and needed reports along with data dictionaries.
- Maintains and nurture relationships with key customers.
- Interfaces with clients to define report deliverables, issues, questions, needs, trends, and timing.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Continues to pursue professional development in order to stay abreast of best practice.
- Research and recommend healthcare data management industry strategies and software tools available to implement those strategies.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Health Information Management or approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in data mining and analytics or relative database management in systems such as SQL server.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structures and relationships used in reporting historical trends, current opportunities/problems, and future direction.
- Knowledge of enterprise’s data and decision-making processes.
- Technically proficient across a range of computing platforms, languages, and applications.
- Sound knowledge of SQL and data extraction methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting and dashboarding programs such as Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with relational database concepts and query tools.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possession of sharp teamwork/partnering skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
Posted on 01/31/2020
- Epic Report Writer Certification(s).
- Experience in healthcare and medical terminology.
- Experience in statistical data analysis.
- Extensive professional experience Epic applications and database structure.
- Basic knowledge of business intelligence/data warehousing concepts.