Business Development Project Manager
Lancaster General Hospital
3041 Business Development
Strategic Business Development
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time- Day Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: Leads the business planning of new or expanded services. This includes organizing service line planning sessions, completing market research and competitive analyses, writing business plans, and coordinating the completion of the financial and marketing plans. Coordinates resources, provides project leadership and direction to project teams, identifies any problems in critical pathways, facilitates team work among services required for the effective implementation of the project, and reports findings and recommendations to the Director and Senior Vice President in Strategic Business Development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Leads and develops planning initiatives that include organizing planning teams, conducting feasibility studies and preparing business plans.
- Provides leadership/direction for projects that have been assigned to her/him. Leads, guides, assists Project Leaders in coordinating the completion of each business plan. Acts as liaison between project teams and executive leadership.
- Manages the monitoring process for the strategic plan that includes the development of the bi-annual strategy scorecard, evolving the critical uncertainties that influence strategy and developing routine performance reports to LG Health Executive Management. Provides support to the Voice of Customer and Strategic Planning sections of the annual Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award process.
- Oversees fulfillment of application requirements and implementation tasks. Assists facilitators in developing project timelines based on input from project team members and vendors.
- Develops new ideas for future projects by aggregating information from multiple sources. Researches the feasibility of strategic projects through peer organizations and internal and external business consultants.
- Ensures that the customer experience is considered in all projects and processes.
- Maintains close contact with operational leaders to build strong relationships and to gather information for future projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works with LG Health service line leaders, clinical program leaders and physician services leaders to identify opportunities to improve and expand existing clinical operations.
- Serves as an internal resource with respect to operating performance issues, strategic planning, business development and revenue generation.
- Works closely with all functional leaders and staff in the Business Development Group.
- Provides general planning and market research services to Division and Business unit Leaders throughout Lancaster General.
- Assists in the “due diligence” related to potential acquisitions, mergers or joint ventures with Lancaster General, as appropriate.
- Shares professional expertise and knowledge with other LG staff as needed.
- Promotes Service Excellence in all initiatives as it relates to the projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Understanding and working knowledge of the healthcare industry and how the industry is changing.
- Excellent computer, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with the ability to prepare business and strategic plans, and business case studies.
- Strong analytical ability to identify and gather data from disparate sources, interpret financial and clinical data and to prepare clear, concise management reports.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organization skills and analytic expertise in providing market research, project planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to work independently to advance planning projects.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to evolving job roles and diversity of projects.
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, physicians, and with others outside the LG organization.
Posted on 11/14/2019
- Masters Degree in Health Care Administration or Business Administration
- Minimum of five (5) years in business development, planning and project management