Building Information Specialist
Lancaster General Hospital
1550 Facilities Management
Responsible for updating and maintaining building information for all Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health (LGH) locations. The Building Information Specialist will use a combination of education, experience, and innovation to model all LGH facilities, cost center reporting of all facilities, provide gross square footage and rentable square footage for Real estate and Leasing Office, delivery of architectural backgrounds and information archives, and management and organization of project binders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Modeling of all LGH facilities. Modeling includes: Enforcing company drafting and modeling standards and procedures; developing and maintaining architectural models; merging of existing models with new models for renovations and additions; and supporting the digital document archive and retrieval for projects.
- Provide production CAD/BIM support to Architects and Engineers to meet project needs including but not limited to creating of content in response to project/department need.
- Cost center reporting of all facilities: Keep the most current cost center assignments in Revit for square footage on fiscal year spreadsheets. Update cost centers as directed by LGH Government Reimbursement Analyst.
- Provide facility gross and rentable square footage for LGH real estate and leasing. Work with Real Estate to provide exhibit to accompany the lease document.
- Delivery of architectural backgrounds and information archives.
- Management and organization of project binders.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Responsible for Building Information Modeling (BIM) standards development, implementation and enforcement in collaboration with partners and users within the organization.
- Evaluate, test, and recommend new BIM related software and technologies to support efficiency in production of work.
- Audit Computer Aided Design (CAD)/Revit files for project closeout including digital document archiving.
- Digital file system management
- Scanning and organizing of existing paper document/drawings
- Organization of LGH Plan Room
- Surveying, as directed, existing conditions.
- Coordination with Fire Protection Engineer for Life Safety drawing updates.
- Upkeep of Department of Health (DOH) backgrounds for all facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree in Applied Science Architectural Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Architectural and/or Engineer Commercial design firm working on multi-discipline projects.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience of project BIM coordination.
- Advanced experience and competence in Revit 3D modeling.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Bluebeam Revu.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Familiarity with regulatory agencies DOH, Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), etc.)
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM and other technologies utilized in the company.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Architectural and/or Engineer Commercial design firm working on multi-discipline projects.
- Autodesk Certified User or Autodesk Certified Professional.
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others.
The position requires strong concentration skills. The individual must have the ability to voluntarily sustain concentration to a task over an extended period of time as a result of an effortful and usually deliberate heightened and focused state of attention.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material.
A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought.
The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, Large Format Plotter/Printer.
Software: Microsoft Office Products, AutoDesk AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, Adobe, Outlook, ShareFile, Skype.
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Occasionally
- Pull: Occasionally
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Occasionally
- Balance: Occasionally
- Climb: Occasionally
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 07/19/2019