Blood Donor Phlebotomist (.8 FTE)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Looking for an applicant with strong attention to detail and great customer service skills. Must enjoy working with the public and be willing to drive to various blood drives throughout Lancaster county. A team player who is open to learning new skills. Hours vary between 0500 and 2100, Monday through Friday with a rare Saturday. No Sunday or Holiday hours. Flexibility in the schedule is also important.
Job Title: Blood Donor Phlebotomist
This position is located in Lancaster County, PA.
Fulltime hours 64 hours per two weeks working variable hours between 5:00 am and 9:00 pm with rare Saturdays, no Sundays or holidays. Drivers license required.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Blood Donor Phlebotomist. The Blood Donor Phlebotomist processes and evaluates prospective donors; performs donor phlebotomies and aids in donor recruitment. Prepares blood components from donated blood.
- Greets donors/ patients and explains the medical history card and necessary forms to be completed, as well as the procedure involved in the donation process of regular, autologous and directed donors.
- Completes computer registration of prospective donors, checking all pertinent data for accuracy and documenting any deferral codes on donor card.
- Obtains vital signs of regular, autologous and directed donors, and evaluates the medical history according to AABB procedures, FDA and laboratory guidelines. Evaluates final donor acceptability based on medical history interpretation and condition.
- Performs donor phlebotomy including labeling and tagging of all autologous and directed donor units. Monitors donor for adverse reactions following AABB and standard operating procedures.
- Performs therapeutic phlebotomy procedures in the donor room or at the bedside in accordance with the physician's order and under the Medical Director's approval.
- Administers post-phlebotomy care and treats reactions as they occur under the direction of an RN or physician. Documents all reactions and refer to Medical Director as needed. ●
- Travels to and performs set up of mobile blood collection sites and maintains supplies and materials for both fixed and mobile site areas.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
● High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
● Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license for off-site mobile blood drives.
● CPR certification.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ● Certification as Phlebotomy Technician, PBT (ASCP)
. ● Six (6) months employment in a healthcare setting required; blood center or blood donor collection center is preferred.
● One (1) year of phlebotomy experience preferably in a blood donor or blood center setting
This position requires a valid PA Driver's License and Motor Vehicle Report.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/27/2021