Biomedical Equipment Technician (Full Time/ Day Shift)
This is a full time position that will sometimes require after hours and weekend work to be performed. There is a rotating on-call schedule that will be followed.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the maintenance, calibration, and modification of all medical devices (with the exception of diagnostic imaging systems) within Lancaster General.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintain, repair, calibrate and modify patient care medical devices.
- Perform quality assurance inspections in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and manufacturer recommendations.
- Maintain vendor-recommended preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain a cost-effective inventory, utilizing second sources, of replacement materials required to service and maintain medical devices within the facilities.
- Maintain appropriate service and calibration documentation in accordance with applicable laws and standards.
- Assist with training of clinical personnel on user operation and maintenance of equipment, as needed.
- Recommend the use of outside service personnel, as required.
- Provide technical training to all other Biomedical Equipment Technicians (BMET) concerning patient care medical devices.
- Attend pertinent service and training seminars as required, to enhance skill level and decrease device operational costs, post warranty.
- Assist with equipment planning and pre-purchase evaluations of new equipment.
- Assist with the acceptance inspections, the relocation of existing, and with the installation of new equipment when required.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Attend Biomedical Engineering Department (BME) Department and Medical Services Division staff meetings.
- Special projects as assigned by Director.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate of Science degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or three (3) years servicing patient care medical devices.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Three (3) years servicing anesthesia and surgical devices in a hospital setting.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/17/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.