Biomedical Equipment Technician
Lancaster General Hospital
1595 Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical Engineering Supv
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Hours: Full Time
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the maintenance, calibration, and modification of all medical devices (with the exception of diagnostic imaging systems) within Lancaster General.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintain, repair, calibrate and modify patient care medical devices.
- Perform quality assurance inspections in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and manufacturer recommendations.
- Maintain vendor-recommended preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain a cost-effective inventory, utilizing second sources, of replacement materials required to service and maintain medical devices within the facilities.
- Maintain appropriate service and calibration documentation in accordance with applicable laws and standards.
- Assist with training of clinical personnel on user operation and maintenance of equipment, as needed.
- Recommend the use of outside service personnel, as required.
- Provide technical training to all other Biomedical Equipment Technicians (BMET) concerning patient care medical devices.
- Attend pertinent service and training seminars as required, to enhance skill level and decrease device operational costs, post warranty.
- Assist with equipment planning and pre-purchase evaluations of new equipment.
- Assist with the acceptance inspections, the relocation of existing, and with the installation of new equipment when required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate of Science degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or approved combination of education and experience
- Three (3) years servicing patient care medical devices.
- Three (3) years of related experience in a hospital setting.
Posted on 03/18/2020
- Three (3) years servicing anesthesia and surgical devices in a hospital setting.