Billing Coordinator (Full Time/ Day Shift)
1.0 FTE (40 hrs per week), no weekends, no holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Codes and abstracts information from inpatient and outpatient records by careful analysis and adherence to official coding guidelines assuring appropriate reimbursement, compliance with regulations, and accuracy for clinical care analysis and provider profiling.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs daily charge entry of procedures performed in department.
- Reviews audit report assuring that all corrections are being processed appropriately.
- Performs record review to assure accurate coding and billing of charges.
- Monitors charge entry reports on a daily basis to ensure that there are no discrepancies between documentation and charges entered.
- Researches rejected claims, revises coding discrepancies, provides additional information, and generates rebilling as appropriate.
- Processes and files all device tracking information for both receipts and returns.
- Maintains current knowledge of coding and payment processing.
- Evaluates ongoing compliance of charge master on an annual basis with regulatory and coding guidelines and makes recommendations for changes or updates.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists Patient Financial Services and physician offices with coding related issues.
- Assists with filing, data entry or other clerical duties when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). One (1) year experience in computer skills, office management, word processing. Knowledge of Professional CPT and ICD Coding.
Associate degree in a related field. Three (3) years’ experience in medical billing, coding, insurance, receivables, billables. One (1) year of CPT-4 coding.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/22/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.