Billing & Collections Representative - Horizon Healthcare Services
3310 Horizon Health Services Operations
Patient Account Services
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Full-time, 40 hrs/week. 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday. On call and every 8th Saturday with prior Monday off.
Responsible for the billing, monitoring, and collection of accounts receivable in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for all billing tasks associated with submitting claims timely for assigned payers including reviewing claims for accuracy and completeness.
- Proactive in problem solving and identifying issues that could impact the billing process.
- Maintains system for tracking outstanding accounts receivable claims. Documents accurately and thoroughly all collection activities in billing software application. Assists department in maintaining Days of Revenue in Accounts Receivable at a maximum of 75 days outstanding.
- Reviews outstanding accounts and takes necessary steps according to Agency collection policy to ensure collection such as telephone calls, collection letters and/or referral to an outside agency. Exhibits good judgment and displays excellent customer service during collection efforts.
- Reviews all remittances and ensures payments are accurate. Analyzes, assesses and corrects inconsistencies in payments and/or rejections of claims in a timely manner.
- Maintains personal knowledge of current computer system as needed for effective accounts receivable management.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulations and/or contracts as related to specific assignments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Outlook/Excel and Word using them effectively in performing job duties.
- Maintains patient confidentiality in all transactions per regulations.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
Establishes and maintains billing files in an organized manner.
Organizes and maintains organization of all EOBs/ERAs in proper order ensuring easy retrieval if needed.
Responds to incoming telephone and mail inquiries promptly and courteously either verbally or through accurate written communication.
- Produces accurate written communication utilizing appropriate office applications.
Remains cross-trained with co-workers in department, understanding primary aspects of the department with 100% commitment to teamwork.
Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Minimum two (2) years prior medical billing experience in the home health field.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in accounts receivable and collections, preferably in the medical field.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/11/2021