At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday-Friday.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in maintenance of total rewards/benefits program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Acts as subject matter expert in interactions with employees, benefit vendors/partners through telephone and e-mail correspondence to identify and resolve employee concerns.
- Presents benefits/payroll portion of New Employee, Physician and Resident (Physician/Dental and Pharmacy) Orientations (NEO and NEO90) and answers follow-up questions.
- Leave liaison for employee as it relates to COBRA and direct billing
- Wellness liaison for communications assistance and deliverables as needed
- Acts as back-up for HR front desk and Employee Service Center when needed.
- Acts as back up subject matter expert, counseling Human Resource Generalists, Recruitment Specialists and Business Partners with interpreting benefit policies and coverage options.
- Meets and greets public, and employees, in Human Resources/Benefits off-site office location.
- Owner of/ benefits shared email address to resolve employee concerns and assist with questions. Escalates when appropriate.
- Interprets employee benefit policies; PTB, holiday and Tuition Assistance policies and Shared email boxes to resolve employee concerns and assist with questions. Escalates when appropriate.
- Partners with payroll and other departments as required to complete reconciliation / retro/arrears reporting for Absence and Benefits.
- Responsible for development and delivery of benefit communication campaigns
- Completes Medicare, tuition and other benefit related verifications as requested.
- Processes HRIS adjustments to reflect retro-active changes due to payroll processing delays (including HIPP, CHIP, Dependent Eligibility Audit and QMCSO orders).
- Completes health, dental, vision, savings account, retirement and other data entry, troubleshooting as necessary.
- Provides support for annual benefit enrollment of H&W and voluntary plans including but not limited to vendor planning calls, communications, system data and employee training/interactions.
- Partners with various internal partners and applicable vendors ( Benefits Manager, integration specialist, payroll) to deliver the 1095’s and 990s and other related regulatory requirements.
- Provides direct support during benefit implementations included but not limited to data review, process review, timeline deliverables and communications.
- Provides PTB analysis for added holidays or adjustments for accrual allotment chart as well the PTB frontloading of lump sum accruals for grandfathered group.
- Completes weekly and monthly invoices for H&W plans (health, RX, dental, vision, Quest, funding, life & disability)
- Develop, edit and maintain the HR Benefits Intranet site, striving for a user-friendly format using HTML coding and partnering with vendors for other changes as needed.
- Assists with creation and development of benefit informational materials and subsequent maintenance required. (2nd responsibility)
- Responsible for creation, maintenance and delivery of all Benefit Summary Sheets for each health system entity.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Three years experience in computer skills, with knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and file management.
- Three years experience in office administration with emphasis on organizational skills.
- Computer experience with a variety of software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management.
- Previous Human Resources administration experience.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/14/2022