Behavioral Health Resource Coordinator (Full Time / Day shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (.8 FTE; 32 hrs/wk) Day shift
Assists through facilitating patients through the continuum of care and arranging transition needs under the direction of the Behavioral Health Consult team members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodations) to perform the following duties:
- Assists department staff in facilitating patient transitions of post-acute providers and other community resources as requested, including completion of referral and authorizations processes as appropriate.
- Maintains professional relationships with a wide variety of community agencies by facilitating communication and information between clinical personnel and post-acute providers.
- Documents appropriate information on medical records regarding the transition plan. Assists with the coordination and communication of the discharge plan.
- Participates in reimbursement, certification and authorization related activities as directed.
- Documents payer authorization information as needed.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above.
- Interacts with patients and families, as needed, to coordinate post-acute services safely and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year related experience in hospital/health or insurance/ payor setting.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivate and to prioritize tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Two (2) years of Behavioral Health experience.
- Prior payor experience
- Prior Logistic experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully working among multi-disciplinary teams.
This position is located in Lanacaster, PA. #l
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/04/2022