Behavioral Health Case Manager
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
4091 Psychiatric Services
Behavioral Health Hospital Based Services
Job Title Behavioral Health Case Manager
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 0.8, 64 hr in 2week working 3:00pm-11:30 pm with rotational weekends, holidays and on call per business need.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Acts as an advocate for the patients, assisting them to reach optimal function and health in an appropriate environment that would support their needs. The Behavioral Health Case Manager functions within the full scope of practice to include the major responsibilities of the position and to the extent these responsibilities beyond the episode of care to encompass coordination of care across the continuum. The Behavioral Health Case Manager applies the processes of assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and coordination of care to meet the patients behavioral health needs across the continuum in collaboration with the health team members, community members, to ensure sate, quality, and cost effective care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodations) to perform the following duties:
- Conducts assessments of patient/family needs bi coordinating input from all health professionals and formulating a documented plan assuring continuity of care for the rising and high risk patients.
- Delegates care coordination based on situation while assuming accountability for patient outcomes. Supports assistive personnel; service as a resource and hold assistive personnel accountable to complete delegated tasks.
- Identifies appropriate providers, facilities, external healthcare organizations throughout the continuum of care and communicates with an interdisciplinary treatment team to develop and maintain positive working relationships with patients, families, and providers.
- Functions as a coordinator and manager of a patient with behavioral health co-morbidities across the care stings and for multiple physicians/ health care providers or health plan counterparts. Works closely with their assigned primary care department. Practice to offer individualized assistance with improving and maintaining quality patient care.
- Coordinates care across the continuum (inpatient/outpatient/community) to assure appropriate utilization of clinical and community resources.
- Provides clinical oversight and guidance to team members
- Participates on a team for data collections, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits, and programmatic evaluation related to initiatives.
- In conjunctions with the practice team, identifies patients at risk for poor outcomes or experiencing poor coordination of services who would benefit from more intensive follow-up.
- Provides chronic disease and self-management education and support.
- Weekly rotation of evenings/ nights on-call coverage expected.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A RN, Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Counselor is required for this role, with specific requirements being one of the following: RN- current license as a Registered Nurse, issued by the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN), or higher level nursing degree, is required by 12/31/2020. Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Counselor- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW), Master of Arts (MA) or Masters of Science (MS) in counseling from an accredited school or program and a license with the Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapist and Professional Counselors.
- Three (3) years of acute care nursing or social work experience, or five (5) years of behavioral health drug and alcohol work experience.
- One (1) year successful experience in case coordination and planning as well as experience in project implementation and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven informal leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently, setting priorities to coordinate care plans efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective behavioral and educational strategies, including but not limited to: motivational interviewing, teach-back methods and self-management support.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working among multi-disciplinary teams.
- Five (5) years of Behavioral Health experience.
- Experience functioning on a multidisciplinary team.
This position requires a license
This position Requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearance.
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/09/2020