Behavioral Health Care Manager (Full Time/ Day Shift)
1.0, 80 Hours per two weeks, 11:30-8:00 PM on Monday, 8:00-4:30 PM on Tuesday - Friday. No Holiday, weekend, or on call. This is an ambulatory position that requires travel to multiple sites.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Behavioral Health Care Manager is a master's level behavioral health professional who conducts clinical assessments and provides brief interventions, care management, navigation and proactive follow up for patients with comorbid medical, mental health and/or substance use disorders. The Behavioral Health Care Manager leverages their behavioral health expertise in providing care to patients and families, improving transitions of care and assuring that appropriate follow up care is established to assure the best possible clinical outcomes for at risk patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conducts psychosocial assessments; assessing for mental health and substance use disorders, delivers evidence based brief interventions, utilizes motivational interviewing skills and coordinates ongoing care plan and manages transitions of care to best serve the needs of the patient.
- Utilizes advanced behavioral health training and assessment skills to independently determine and develop both treatment plans and behavior plans based on patient needs.
- Serves as a behavioral health advocate and liaison interfacing with medical providers and health care staff across the continuum of care, in the emergency department, hospital settings, primary and specialty care. Coordinates care across the continuum (inpatient/outpatient/community) to assure appropriate utilization of clinical and community resources.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with community based providers of inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction treatment.
- Provides clinical oversight and guidance to other behavioral health team members; prioritizes and delegates tasks for efficient and safe care delivery.
- Collaborates with psychiatry and addiction medicine providers in team based care.
- Actively participates in the planning, development, implementation and quality improvement of behavioral health services.
- Completes clinical documentation in accordance with departmental documentation standards.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
·Participates in departmental staff meetings and other organizational work groups.
- Keeps current on recent developments in the field by participating in education and training and shares information with colleagues, patients, families and other healthcare team members.
- On call rotation possible, based on business need.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Social Work(MSW) or Master’s degree (MA or MS) in counseling, psychology or related discipline.
- Three years of experience working in a behavioral health or medical or human services setting.
- LPC or LCSW
- Prior case management experience working in a team based environment.
- Knowledge of community mental health and drug and alcohol treatment resources.
- PA Certification Board credential (ie. Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor).
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 08/31/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.