Behavioral Health Care Manager
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
4091 BH Interventional Team
Behavioral Health Hospital Based Services
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Job Title: Behavioral Health Care Manager
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 0.8, 64 hrs per two weeks working 7:00am-3:30 pm with rot weekends/hol and on call as needed. Must be willing to serve at Lancaster General Hospital in the Emergency Department, Behavioral Health Evaluation Unit, Inpatient Nursing units and Women and Babies Hospital.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Behavioral Health Care Manager is a licensed behavioral health professional who conducts clinical assessments and provides brief interventions, care management, navigation and proactive follow up for patients with comorbid medical, mental health and/or substance use disorders. The Behavioral Health Care Manager leverages their behavioral health expertise in providing care to patients and families, improving transitions of care and assuring that appropriate follow up care is established to assure the best possible clinical outcomes for at risk patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conducts psychosocial assessments; assessing for mental health and substance use disorders, delivers evidence based brief interventions, utilizes motivational interviewing skills and coordinates ongoing care plan and manages transitions of care to best serve the needs of the patient.
- Utilizes advanced behavioral health training and assessment skills to independently determine and develop both treatment plans and behavior plans based on patient needs.
- Serves as a behavioral health advocate and liaison interfacing with medical providers and health care staff across the continuum of care, in the emergency department, hospital settings, primary and specialty care. Coordinates care across the continuum (inpatient/outpatient/community) to assure appropriate utilization of clinical and community resources.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with community based providers of inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction treatment.
- Provides clinical oversight and guidance to other behavioral health team members; prioritizes and delegates tasks for efficient and safe care delivery.
- Collaborates with psychiatry and addiction medicine providers in team based care.
- Actively participates in the planning, development, implementation and quality improvement of behavioral health services.
- Completes clinical documentation in accordance with departmental documentation standards.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Social Work(MSW) or Master’s degree (MA or MS) in counseling, psychology or related discipline and an active license from the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. (LSW or LCSW or LMFT or LPC).
- Three years of experience working in a behavioral health or medical or human services setting.
- Prior case management experience working in a team based environment.
- Knowledge of community mental health and drug and alcohol treatment resources.
- PA Certification Board credential (ie. Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor).
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances
This position requires a license or Certification
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/22/2020