Behavioral Health Care Coordinator- Evenings
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Full-time (0.8FTE) with rotating weekends and holiday.
Care Coordinators provide care and service to patients in acute psychiatric distress through brief intervention, psychosocial assessment, and referral for mental health and/or treatment for a substance use disorder. These team members serve in all care ares including the Emergency Department, inpatient nursing units and at Women's and Babies hospital.
Job Title: Behavioral Health Care Coordinator
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 0.8, 64 hours per two weeks working evenings 3:00pm-11:30pm with rotational weekends and holidays . Very fast paced environment providing services to patients in acute psychiatric distress.Part of a mobile team covering at Lancaster General Hospital the Emergency Department, Behavioral Health Evaluation (in the ED), nursing units at LGH and Women and Babies Hospital.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Provides consultation, brief intervention and referral services for patients with mental health and substance use issues. Collaborates with patients as appropriate, their family member and/ or support system and the medical treatment team to develop a plan to address behavioral health and substance use issues, including providing recommendations, referrals and coordination of care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assists Behavioral Health case manager and team in developing and executing most appropriate discharge plan.
- Assesses behavioral health issues, conducts brief interventions and makes referrals to appropriate resources as to Behavioral Health screening tools. Responds to data driven referrals for patients who screen positive.
- Contributes to the patient treatment plan by providing recommendation about mental health and substance use issues that impact care.
- Counsels, advises and supports patients and their families in coordinating and accessing patient and outpatient behavioral health treatment services.
- Acts as liaison between inpatient treatment team and outpatient providers during hospitalization. Assists patient in coordination of a comprehensive aftercare plan. Facilities inpatient placements when medically necessary and coordinates outpatient care, drawing of broad knowledge of outpatient treatment and community resources.
- Completes clinical documentation in accordance with department documentation standards.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or a related field with two (2) years’ work experience in a medical or behavioral health setting or Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years’ direct patient care work experience in a medical or behavioral health setting
- Documented experience working directly with patients in acute psychiatric distress.
- Experience with crisis intervention, motivational interviewing, and mental health commitment documentation.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all internal and external stakeholders in an environment with rapid change.
- Ability to work as part of a functional team while completing tasks autonomously.
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearnaces #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/27/2021