Behavioral Health Care Coordinator
This is a full-time, 0.8FTE position, 64 hours per pay period, working 3rd Shift, 11pm-7:30am. Rotating weekends and holidays, no on-call.
Job Title: Behavioral Health Care Coordinator: LGH (FT/nights)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
$2.500 sign on with 2 year committment
Full-time, 0.8, 64 hours per two weeks working Full-time 11:00pm-7:30 am with rotational weekends and holidays. No on call.
Provides consultation, brief intervention and referral services for patients with mental health and substance use issues. Collaborates with patients as appropriate, their family member and/ or support system and the medical treatment team to develop a plan to address behavioral health and substance use issues, including providing recommendations, referrals and coordination of care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assists Behavioral Health case manager and team in developing and executing most appropriate discharge plan.
- Assesses behavioral health issues, conducts brief interventions and makes referrals to appropriate resources as to Behavioral Health screening tools. Responds to data driven referrals for patients who screen positive.
- Contributes to the patient treatment plan by providing recommendation about mental health and substance use issues that impact care.
- Counsels, advises and supports patients and their families in coordinating and accessing patient and outpatient behavioral health treatment services.
- Acts as liaison between inpatient treatment team and outpatient providers during hospitalization. Assists patient in coordination of a comprehensive aftercare plan. Facilities inpatient placements when medically necessary and coordinates outpatient care, drawing of broad knowledge of outpatient treatment and community resources.
- Completes clinical documentation in accordance with department documentation standards.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or a related field with two (2) years’ work experience in a medical or behavioral health setting
- Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years’ direct patient care work experience in a medical or behavioral health setting
- Bachelor’s Degree and current good standing enrollment in an accredited Master of Social Work, Psychology, or related field program and 2 years prior work experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/09/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.