Lancaster General Medical Grp
61479 LGHP Sports Med At Kissel Hill
LGHP Sports Medicine Kissel Hill
Job Title: Athletic Trainer
This position is located in Lancaster PA.
Casual 0.1, 8 hours per two weeks working varied hours between 8:00 am-8:00 pm as needed with occasional weekends, no holidays. To cover athletic events at local schools and coverage at Kissel Hill Sports Medicine office
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a casual Athletic Trainer to help provide as needed coverage. as well as the Sports Medicine office at Kissel Hill Outpatient Center. The Athletic Trainer is the primary liaison between the customer, physicians, and support staff of the medical practice and to contracted schools, rec centers/sports clubs, and to external sporting events. The Athletic trainer will follow the patient from time of arrival to their time of departure and will ensure all customer and physician needs are met to provide the best customer and physician experience as possible
- Evaluates the customer with objective measures and develops treatment goals off of the evaluation. Will work closely with physical therapists to ensure the best treatment plan is developed and performed.
- Maintains documentation in patient records. Monitors and evaluates response to intervention, modifies treatment in agreement with the physician. Follows billing and reimbursement procedures according to departmental and regulatory guidelines.
- Assists in screenings, presentations and in-services for area coaches, athletes and parents.
- Assists in the coverage of local races, sports physicals and sporting events and at other marketing events for the program to help expand the programs brand.
- Will work to expand the programs market share along with the Sports Medicine Physicians and Manager, Ambulatory Operations. Will help to identify, build relationships with, and ultimately help to secure additional secondary school, college, and youth program contracts.
- MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Athletic Training from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Current certification as an Athletic Trainer, issued by the National Board of Certification (BOC)
- PA licensed or eligible as Athletic Trainer
- CPR Healthcare/BLS Certification
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with peers and leaders within the community, schools and athletic club
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Clinical experience in an outpatient office
- One (1) year’s experience in a traditional setting preferred
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Posted on 09/05/2019
This position requires a valid PA Driver's License and Motor Vehicle Report.