Associate Director - Osteopathic Recognition Program (DO only)
9520 Family & Community Medicine
Family & Community Medicine- Administration
POSITION SUMMARY: Associate Director of the Family Practice Residency Program, Coordinator of the Family Practice Inpatient Service, and Coordinator of Evaluation and Research and procedure documentation. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above). This position will directly support the Medical Director, Osteopathic Recognition for the faculty program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Full Time position for AOA certified Physician who demonstrates excellence in Osteopathic Principles and Practice
- This core faculty member will assist in development of Osteopathic Education track including plan to achieve Osteopathic Recognition for Family Medicine Residency Program
- Full spectrum outpatient clinical practice at one of the Family Medicine Centers of the Residency – Downtown Family Medicine or Walter Aument Family Medicine. Location assignment based on staffing needs of the residency program. When not on an inpatient service, will be assigned approximately 3 half-day clinical sessions per week.
- Serve as inpatient attending on Family Medicine Inpatient Service and/or Obstetrics at Women’s and Babies Hospital (estimated 8 weeks per year).
- When not on an inpatient service or away, generally 2 half-day sessions per week will be spent as preceptor for family medicine residents in the Family Medicine Centers.
- Strong skills in diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal and or sports medicine desirable.
- Serve as advisor for up to 3 residents.
- Serve as supervisor for residents engaged in Osteopathic education track.
- Engage in the other core functions of a faculty member including but not limited to active participation in faculty meetings, active membership on departmental and hospital committees, leading didactic sessions for residents and students, participating in resident recruitment, supervising other curricular aspects as determined by residency administration.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 08/22/2019