Associate Director-Osteopathic Core Faculty
Do not post
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is searching for an Osteopathic Family Physician to join our faculty team!
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as core teaching faculty physician for Family Medicine Residency program. Patient care/customer service includes care/service to patients/customers in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Develop, present and supervise residency curricula, treatment protocol, and other didactic materials for the Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Attend and precept in Downtown Family Medicine and/or Walter L. Aument Family Health Center.
- Serve as attending physician on the Family Practice Inpatient Service and/or Obstetrics Service at Women and Babies Hospital several weeks per year and no more than one weekend per month.
- Takes night call on Family Medicine Inpatient Service or Maternal Child Health Service in rotation with other faculty.
- Maintain a limited continuity practice one of the Academic Family Medicine Practice Centers (LGHP Downtown Family Medicine, LGHP Walter Aument Family Medicine Center or LGHP Family & Maternity Medicine)
- Serve as faculty advisor, conduct formal evaluations, counsel residents, and coordinate research audits of assigned team of residents.
- Attend the weekly Faculty and Committee meetings.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists in the recruitment and interviewing of Family Practice Residency applicants.
- Assists in the teaching of medical students
- Maintain Current Maintenance of Certification with Specialty Board.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) is required, with certification through an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Unrestricted Pennsylvania Medical License
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
- At least two years clinical patient care experience
- At least two years of teaching experience
- Community service, as integrated into the college and medical school experience
Attention/Concentration: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others. The position requires strong concentration skills. The individual must have the ability to voluntarily sustain concentration to a task over an extended period of time as a result of an effortful and usually deliberate heightened and focused state of attention.
New Learning and Memory: The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material. A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking: The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought.
- The position required much autonomy of thought and problem solving.
- The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems.
- The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem.
- The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition.
- They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.
- Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
- Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
VARIETY AND CHANGE: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a
different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
COMMUNICATION: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts
and technical information.
INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate
and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Telephone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Equipment, EKG Machine, Colposcope, Dictaphone, General Medical Instruments
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Body Position/Movement: Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: occasionally
- Stand: frequently
- Walk: frequently
- Bend: seldom
- Push: occasionally
- Kneel/Squat: seldom
- Reach: occasionally
- Twist: occasionally
- Balance: seldom
- Climb: seldom
- Lifting: occasionally
Degree of physical exertion is: Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements.
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Extreme Noise Levels
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 03/09/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.