Associate Director - .8
Lancaster General Hospital
9520 Family & Community Medicine
Family & Community Medicine- Administration
POSITION SUMMARY: Associate Director of the Family Practice Residency Program, Coordinator of the Family Practice Inpatient Service, and Coordinator of Evaluation and Research and procedure documentation. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinate and supervise residents on the Family Practice Inpatient Service six months per year.
- Administer the procedure documentation and information systems of the program annually.
- Coordinate the selection the annual Charles W. Bair Award winner.
- Serve as the editor of the House Staff Manual and the REEP Manual and keeps et updated on an annual basis.
- Coordinate and implement the program's nutrition curriculum.
- Conduct utilization review for the hospital's Utilization Review Program.
- Serve as program's liaison with the cardiology teaching service
- Attend and precept in the Family Health Service and/or Walter L. Aument Family Health Center.
- Participate in the care of patients in the FHS as needed.
- Maintain a limited "private" practice.
- Attend the weekly Directors' and Faculty Development meetings.
- Attend daily conferences, including morning report, noon conference and grand rounds, whenever possible.
- Serve as Attending physician on the Family Practice Inpatient Service six months per year but no more than one weekend per month.
- Conduct scholarly activity including lectures, publications and/or research.
- Assist in the recruitment and interviewing of Family Practice Residency applicants.
- Serve as faculty advisor, conduct formal evaluations, counsel residents, and coordinate research audits of assigned team of residents.
- Perform other duties as may be designated from time to time by the Director of the Department of Family and Community Medicine.
- Acquire the necessary CME credits and take the certification examination to maintain recertification status by the ABFP every six years.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
Posted on 03/06/2020
- Other duties as assigned.