Assistant Nurse Manager: Neuro/Respiratory(Full Time/Varied Shifts)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time- 40 Hours/Week/Varied Shifts; evenings between 1100-2300 with occasional day shift/weekends
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the Assistant Nurse Manager assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care, and provides input into the development and evaluation of patient care. Patient care/customer service includes care/service to patients/customers in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Oversees nursing activities related to patient care and assists in setting standards for accurate reporting and recording of patient symptoms, reactions and progress.
- Organizes patient care and ensures continuity of care based on knowledge of clinical nursing needs of patients.
- Collects objective data with regard to the clinical performance, attitude and self-development of each staff member.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, counsels employees and takes appropriate disciplinary action for infractions of policy.
- Reviews patient records to assure that the patient plan of care, nursing intervention and evaluation of care are documented accurately and appropriately.
- Utilizes and promotes knowledge of quality assurance standards and programs.
- Completes unit schedule, providing appropriate coverage around the clock.
- Communicates and collaborates with physicians, registered nurses, Nurse Manager and other health care providers regarding patient care. Acts as a liaison between patient, family, staff members and physicians.
- In the absence of the Nurse Manager, interviews and contributes to the selection of staff for the patient care unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource person and assists nursing personnel in assessing patient/family status to plan of nursing care.
- Assists Nurse Manager in evaluating and setting standards for facilities and equipment, and monitoring utilization of equipment and supplies.
- Provides input and standards in formulating patient care policy and procedures for the nursing department and the organization; works with the medical staff to coordinate medical and nursing management of patient care.
- Assists in providing for the professional growth and development of the nursing staff by allotting time for the scheduling of patient care and unit conferences and in-service attendance.
- Assists the Nurse Manager in the preparation and control of unit budgets.
- Communicates regularly with the Nurse Manager with regard to the progress of daily activities, specific patient concerns or events requiring administrative assistance.
- Assumes role of patient advocate.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse is required, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree is required.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in related clinical field.
- One (1) year of leadership experience.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience.
- Three (3) years of leadership or management experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/09/2021