Assistant Nurse Manager - Labor & Delivery (Evening Shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
7630 WBH-Labor & Delivery
WBH - Labor & Delivery
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE); Evening Shift.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the Assistant Nurse Manager assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care, and provides input into the development and evaluation of patient care. Patient care/customer service includes care/service to patients/customers in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Oversees nursing activities related to patient care and assists in setting standards for accurate reporting and recording of patient symptoms, reactions and progress.
- Organizes patient care and ensures continuity of care based on knowledge of clinical nursing needs of patients.
- Collects objective data with regard to the clinical performance, attitude and self-development of each staff member.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, counsels employees and takes appropriate disciplinary action for infractions of policy.
- Reviews patient records to assure that the patient plan of care, nursing intervention and evaluation of care are documented accurately and appropriately.
- Utilizes and promotes knowledge of quality assurance standards and programs.
- Completes unit schedule, providing appropriate coverage around the clock.
- Communicates and collaborates with physicians, registered nurses, Nurse Manager and other health care providers regarding patient care. Acts as a liaison between patient, family, staff members and physicians.
- In the absence of the Nurse Manager, interviews and contributes to the selection of staff for the patient care unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource person and assists nursing personnel in assessing patient/family status to plan of nursing care.
- Assists Nurse Manager in evaluating and setting standards for facilities and equipment, and monitoring utilization of equipment and supplies.
- Provides input and standards in formulating patient care policy and procedures for the nursing department and the organization; works with the medical staff to coordinate medical and nursing management of patient care.
- Assists in providing for the professional growth and development of the nursing staff by allotting time for the scheduling of patient care and unit conferences and in-service attendance.
- Assists the Nurse Manager in the preparation and control of unit budgets.
- Communicates regularly with the Nurse Manager with regard to the progress of daily activities, specific patient concerns or events requiring administrative assistance.
- Assumes role of patient advocate.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse is required, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher level nursing degree is required.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in related clinical field.
- One (1) year of leadership experience.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience is preferred.
- Three (3) years of leadership or management experience is preferred.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 06/18/2019