Assistant Nurse Manager - 4 Lime (Orthopedics Joint Replacement Unit)
Lancaster General Hospital
3551 4L Joint Replacement
4L Joint Replacement
SUMMARY: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is currently seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager for our Orthopedic Joint Replacement Unit. Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the Assistant Nurse Manager assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care, and provides input into the development and evaluation of patient care.
The position is based at Lancaster General Hospital, a 719 licensed bed not-for-profit health system, which is part of University of Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine). Lancaster General Hospital was recognized among U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals for 2019-2020. Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health was awarded Magnet recognition for the fourth consecutive time, a testament to its continued dedication to high-quality nursing practice and is one of only 3 hospitals in Pennsylvania to have achieved the Magnet recognition four times.
The 4 Lime Ortho unit is a 42-bed unit dedicated to total joint replacements and orthopedic procedures with occasional overflow of hip fracture and general Medical-Surgical patients. The Orthopedic Unit is a fast paced, high volume surgical unit performing on average about 60-70 surgeries/week and with an average length of stay of 1.8 days. The Ortho Team consists of a Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, RN’s, Patient Care Assistants and Unit Secretaries that work together as a team to provide care for their patients. They have a shared governance structure to encourage shared decision ability with leadership and nursing, plus offer multiple opportunities to share in decision making within our hospital care committees.
HOURS: Fulltime w/ some varied shifts. Primarily evening hours with 11:00am or 3:00pm start time. Occasional weekend and holiday may be required.
To learn more about our Orthopedic Center, please click LG Health - Orthopedic Center
- Oversees nursing activities related to patient care and assists in setting standards for accurate reporting and recording of patient symptoms, reactions and progress.
- Organizes patient care and ensures continuity of care based on knowledge of clinical nursing needs of patients.
- Collects objective data with regard to the clinical performance, attitude and self-development of each staff member.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) is required.
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in related clinical field required.
- One (1) year of leadership experience required.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience preferred.
- Three (3) years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Lancaster General Hospital, the flagship hospital of Lancaster General Health, is among an elite group of “Best of the Benchmark Hospitals” for achieving “100 Top Hospitals” honors nine of the last eleven years. The hospital has been recognized as a Magnet facility for nursing excellence and has received HealthGrades® Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last four years. Additionally, the network has achieved Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society level 7 EPIC certification.
Posted on 05/06/2020