Applications Analyst - Rev Cycle
Lancaster General Hospital
2518 IS Revenue Cycle
Revenue Cycle Applications
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Applications Analyst works extensively with project teams and their department in the transformation and improvement of revenue cycle processes and workflows for use with Epic and other revenue cycle applications. Understands the processes and operational environments and advocates for effective use of e-Health technology to improve the revenue cycle through high quality, cost effective solutions. Acts as a liaison between the departments and Information Services. Assists in the development of re-engineered best practice workflow processes and identifies system integration and optimization that provides the greatest technological benefit to the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Utilizes expertise to design, build, install, modify and test Epic application software to support and optimize operational work processes. Keep abreast of current technology, software and hardware and promote change processes. Analyzes functionality and tests new releases to determine best use by end users; investigates preferred choices of end users.
- Provides problem solving, troubleshooting, and code debugging of simple and intermediate issues at the technical and application levels. Identifies root-cause and recommends changes. Escalates complex issues as necessary. Understands integration between various Epic modules and integration with other applications.
- Interacts with users to assure system is operating and performing according to specifications. Collaborates with other Applications Analysts, IT, the vendor, department staff, and other team members to provide technical and clinical support.
- Adheres to LG Health technology, coding, and naming convention standards, as well as change control process and procedures.
- Assists with defining and documenting user requirements and system scope. Reviews and collects information regarding potential system enhancements.
- Recommends best practice workflows and develops business plans for automating and optimizing processes that transform and improve clinical care and patient safety.
- Maintains and deploys understanding of system development and project management methodologies in assessment, planning, design, workflow analysis, timelines, and testing, during implementation, optimization and ongoing operations.
- Executes assigned tasks in the project plan for the installation of hardware, software, networks, physical site, training environments and test environments for the initial and subsequent implementation of Epic modules.
- Maintains current Epic certification.
- Analyzes data conversion needs and ensures that data coming across interfaces into Epic applications meets business requirements.
- Provides assistance in the budget process for assigned applications.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Three (3) years operations experience in the revenue cycle area assigned to support or three (3) years of experience in an Applications Analyst, or similar role, supporting a revenue cycle Epic application.
- Technical aptitude for information services technology in environment being supported (revenue cycle).
- Effective interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
Posted on 02/12/2020
- Two (2) years experience as an Epic Applications Analyst.
- Project management and process improvement training.
- Two (2) years supporting or maintaining a system application, providing direct user support and application testing.