Applications Analyst - Clinical
Lancaster General Hospital
2527 E-Health Operations
Clinical Care Applications
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Applications Analyst works extensively with project teams and their department in the transformation and improvement of clinical processes and workflows for use with all clinical and financial applications. Understands the clinical processes and operational environments and advocates for effective use of technology to improve patient care through high quality, cost effective solutions. Acts as a liaison between the clinical departments and Information Services. Assists in the development of re-engineered best practice workflow processes and identifies system integration and optimization that provides the greatest technological benefit to clinical departments. Performs system installations, maintenance, training, and user support within a defined application environment having knowledge and taking responsibility of the architecture and how the systems work internally and together. Responsibilities include the administration of core business systems or integrated computer applications that go beyond a single department or system
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Utilizes expertise to design, build, install, modify and test application software to support and optimize operational work processes. Keep abreast of current technology, software and hardware and promote change processes. Analyzes functionality and tests new releases to determine best use by end users; investigates preferred choices of end users.
- Provides problem solving, troubleshooting, and code debugging of simple and intermediate issues at the technical, interface and application levels. Identifies root-cause and recommends changes. Escalates complex issues as necessary. Understands integration between various applications and functionality within those applications. Serves to assure full integration of applications and devices utilizing interfacing standards and vendor provided utilities
- Interacts with users to assure system is operating and performing according to specifications. Collaborates with other Applications Analysts, IT, the vendor, department staff, and other team members to provide technical and clinical support.
- Adheres to LG Health technology, coding, and naming convention standards, as well as change control process and procedures.
- Assists with defining and documenting user requirements and system scope. Reviews and collects information regarding potential system enhancements.
- Recommends best practice workflows and develops business plans for automating and optimizing processes that transform and improve clinical care and patient safety.
- Maintains and deploys understanding of system development and project management methodologies in assessment, planning, design, workflow analysis, timelines, and testing, during implementation, optimization and ongoing operations.
- Executes assigned tasks in the project plan for the installation of hardware, software, networks, physical site, training environments and test environments for the initial and subsequent implementations.
- Analyzes data conversion needs and ensures that data coming across interfaces into applications meets business requirements.
- Provides assistance in the budget process for assigned applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification in Medical Technology; Certification in another clinical or ancillary field or equivalent experience
- Certifications as required by Information Services to support the needs of the business. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Three (3) years clinical operations experience in area requiring licensure/certification or three (3) years of experience in an Applications Analyst, or similar role, supporting a clinical application.
- Technical aptitude for information services technology in environment being supported (clinical).
- Effective interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Must hold Epic certification in EpicCare, EpicCare Inpatient, Clinical Documentation, Orders, Stork, Bugsy, or ASAP
Posted on 02/18/2020
- Two (2) years’ experience working with clinical applications.
- Project management and process improvement training.
- Two (2) years supporting or maintaining a system application, providing direct user support and application testing.
- Epic Certification in Clinical Documentation and Orders