Applications Analyst: Ambulatory & MyChart
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday-Friday day shift with on-call rotation.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Applications Analyst works extensively with project teams and their department in the transformation and improvement of processes and workflows for use with all clinical and revenue cycle applications. Understands the operational environments and advocates for effective use of technology to improve patient care through high quality, cost effective solutions. Acts as a liaison between the clinical departments and Information Services. Assists in the development of re-engineered best practice workflow processes and identifies system integration and optimization that provides the greatest technological benefit to clinical departments. Performs system installations, maintenance, training, and user support within a defined application environment having knowledge, taking responsibility for the architecture, and defining how the systems work internally and together. Responsibilities include the administration of core business systems or integrated computer applications that go beyond a single department or system. Epic Certification is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Utilizes expertise to design, build, install, modify and test application software to support and optimize operational work processes. Keep abreast of current technology, software and hardware and promote change processes. Analyzes functionality and tests new releases to determine best use by end users; investigates preferred choices of end users.
- Provides problem solving, troubleshooting, and code debugging of simple and intermediate issues at the technical, interface and application levels. Identifies root-cause and recommends changes. Escalates complex issues as necessary. Understands integration between various applications and functionality within those applications. Serves to assure full integration of applications and devices utilizing interfacing standards and vendor provided utilities
- Interacts with users to assure system is operating and performing according to specifications. Collaborates with other Applications Analysts, IT, the vendor, department staff, and other team members to provide technical and clinical support.
- Adheres to LG Health technology, coding, and naming convention standards, as well as change control process and procedures.
- Assists with defining and documenting user requirements and system scope. Reviews and collects information regarding potential system enhancements.
- Recommends best practice workflows and develops business plans for automating and optimizing processes that transform and improve clinical care and patient safety.
- Maintains and deploys understanding of system development and project management methodologies in assessment, planning, design, workflow analysis, timelines, and testing, during implementation, optimization and ongoing operations.
- Executes assigned tasks in the project plan for the installation of hardware, software, networks, physical site, training environments and test environments for the initial and subsequent implementations.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Analyzes data conversion needs and ensures that data coming across interfaces into applications meets business requirements.
- Provides assistance in the budget process for assigned applications.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) years of experience as an Epic Certified analyst.
- EpicCare & MyChart certifications highly preferred.
- Two years clinical, ancillary, revenue cycle operations experience in related field or information technology experience.
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical aptitude for information services technology in environment being supported.
- Effective interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Two (2) years experience as an Associate Applications Analyst
- Project management and process improvement training.
- Two (2) years supporting or maintaining a system application, providing direct user support and application testing.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/19/2021