Applications Analyst - Ambulatory
Lancaster General Hospital
2526 IS Clinical and Ambulatory
IS Ambulatory Applications
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time 40hrs/wk - Day Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: The Applications Analyst-Ambulatory serves as a member of the Epic Ambulatory and Community Connect project team. The Analyst is primarily responsible for the design, workflow development, build, testing, support, and optimization for the implementation and maintenance of Epic. In addition, this position provides go-live and post-live support of the Epic and physician office processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Utilizes expertise to design, build, install, modify and test Epic application software to support and optimize operational work processes. Keep abreast of current technology, software and hardware and promote change processes. Analyzes functionality and tests new releases to determine best use by end users; investigates preferred choices of end users.
- Provides problem solving, troubleshooting, and code debugging of simple and intermediate issues at the technical and application levels. Identifies root-cause and recommends changes. Escalates complex issues as necessary. Understands integration between various Epic modules and integration with other applications.
- Interacts with users to assure system is operating and performing according to specifications. Collaborates with other Applications Analysts, IT, the vendor, department staff, and other team members to provide technical and clinical support.
- Adheres to LG Health technology, coding, and naming convention standards, as well as change control process and procedures.
- Assists with defining and documenting user requirements and system scope. Reviews and collects information regarding potential system enhancements.
- Recommends best practice workflows and develops business plans for automating and optimizing processes that transform and improve clinical care and patient safety.
- Maintains and deploys understanding of system development and project management methodologies in assessment, planning, design, workflow analysis, timelines, and testing, during implementation, optimization and ongoing operations.
- Executes assigned tasks in the project plan for the installation of hardware, software, networks, physical site, training environments and test environments for the initial and subsequent implementation of Epic modules.
- Maintains current EPIC certification.
- Analyzes data conversion needs and ensures that data coming across interfaces into Epic applications meets business requirements.
- Provides assistance in the budget process for assigned applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application.
- Three (3) years of operations experience in area requiring licensure/certification.
- Technical aptitude for information services technology in environment being supported (clinical or revenue cycle).
- Effective interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
Posted on 11/21/2019
- Two (2) years’ experience as an Epic Applications Analyst.
- Multiple site implementation experience with both build and testing.
- Experience with go-live support and post-live production support.
- Project management and process improvement training.
- Two (2) years supporting or maintaining a system application, providing direct user support and application testing.