PA College Of Health Sciences
9873 IT Enterprise Applications
Information Services- Analysis
Under the general supervision of the department director or senior administrator, this position will administer and manage the Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences (PA College) computer system or systems and the various implications and interactions between the application and business processes. This is a specific application, where technical, functional, and analytical skill are required along with knowledge on how to leverage the system to provide the greatest benefit to the given PA College functional area. Plans and coordinates unstructured activities around system use. Performs system installations, maintenance, training, and user support within a defined application environment having knowledge and taking responsibility of the architecture and how the systems work internally and together. This position is a moderate to advanced administrator of aspects of system implementation, processes, procedures, workflows, specifications, documentation, and maintenance of system and support of users. The incumbent defines, promotes, and guides outcomes, interactions, and communications. In addition, the incumbent defines system potentials, integrates, organizes, and executes follow through on projects, tasks, and system problems, while working as part of a cross functional team. Responsibilities include the administration of core business systems or integrated computer applications that go beyond a single department or system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment
- Takes the initial request from customers or others, i.e. break/fix, new work or change request and identifies what is expected, its scope, urgency and defines the opportunities and stated benefits. Coordinates with appropriate parties to ensure that the various implications and interactions between applications and business processes for PA College have been identified and managed.
- Identifies the various skills required for a successful implementation, completes base measurements for a post implementation review of benefits that includes a detailed project implementation plan, charter, objectives, and benefits that is a mutually agreed upon plan with System Administrators, User Management, ITS Management and Vendor. The project plan to include the coordination / logistics ordering to ensure appropriate hardware, software, devices, networks, training, and support are organized.
- Supports and documents implementation processes, procedures and system operations by designing and developing the system workflows, tables, scripts, backups, recovery processes, data to be converted, schedule downtime, etc., and to include the following support to achieve desired benefits and capabilities for the business: Serves as a liaison between vendor, ITS technical services and user management on all application implementations, upgrades, and support issues. Analyzes and creates reports for customers based on user and business needs via built in software reporting tools and/or PA College business software tools. Design /develop training materials, a plan for accomplishing the training with scoring to derive the readiness of staff. Review system function and features, uptime/downtime and ensure it is performing within expectations and is stable. Perform regular ongoing reviews such as post implementation stability and performance measurements; ensure system is functioning as expected Keep production, pre-production, test and/or development environments up to date via an update or cloning process based on user and business needs. Provides timely answers by routinely triaging Level 2 problems, assists with troubleshooting, obtaining problem details, correcting problems, or elevating to appropriate level of support to include working with vendor support when necessary.
- Other ongoing support processes to include: Establish routine maintenance, upgrade, and patching schedule based on needs of system(s) and users. Maintains a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) list. Work with business units to performs periodic benefit analysis to address business changes, application changes and / or utilizing functionality that has not been implemented. Perform application upgrade planning and budgetary obligations. Obtains appropriate new hardware and software and coordinates hardware purchases with ITS technical staff and vendor to ensure it meets current needs and growth. Tracks and prioritizes all enhancements and problems, and ensures system is operating in fashion that meets PA College business goals. Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot application integrations and look for new integration opportunities to provide more efficient business processes.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the development of user requirements, concept design, clarifying opportunities with mutually agreed upon set of requirements that can be used for selecting the solution and developing the project plan. This includes assisting with the development of a Business Plan (BP), i.e. expected benefits, costs, risk, and timing for management to use to make a decision and give approval under the guidance with the department supervisor or senior level administrator
- Assist with final selection, contract negotiation, and approval process by organizing BP, selection score card, and target implementation dates to ensure requirements are obtained and the BP goals are not compromised.
- Assist with the development of the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to ensure business continuity.
- Assist / coordinate the implementation of hardware, software, networks, physical site, training, and test environment for any implementation or process redesign that serves to enhance workflow.
Assist other systems analysts through cross training to provide secondary support responsibilities to additional College applications as deemed appropriate. Ensure a level of understanding of these additional applications to provide support when the primary systems analyst is not available.
Other types of assistance to Information Services, project leader, user management and users may include the following:
- Coordinate the development of a data conversion plan as well as executing the transfer of data from its original source to the new application.
- Troubleshoots L1-2 and assists and occasional completes L3 problems and develops processes for issues that are undefined, where root problem is unknown, or where an entire system is affected.
- Develops potential problem avoidance systems, process improvement and process redesign
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully:
- Two (2) to Three (3) years’ experience in each of the following is required for the position: Systems application problem solving and analysis, purchasing/developing applications, testing programs/systems, managing implementations and conversions.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years’ project management experience that involves computer software implementations, daily operational support, review and evaluation of application performance.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years’ experience of providing process improvement and direction to users of computer applications.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years’ year experience of developing test and training plans.
- Proficiency supporting Salesforce system administration.
- Administer and support Salesforce including user setup and design/configuration of Custom Objects, Profiles and Roles, Workflow/Process Builder, Visual Flows, Custom Fields, Validation Rules, Page Layout
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to monitor data quality
- Coordinate testing and deployment plans for change management/rollouts
- Experience with marketing automation systems Pardot) is a plus.
- Three (3) years’ experience with API solutions.
- Three (3) years’ experience conducting meetings, preparing status reports, and supporting users/team members with problem solving, developing / coordinating with application vendor vendors or RFP’s, RFI’s and SOW.
- Three (3) years’ experience in assisting users and writing of I.S. documentation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/21/2021