Anticoagulation Clinic Technician (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm) *NO WEEKENDS/HOLIDAYS*
Monday - Friday hours are 0830-5. No weekends or holidays. Small clinic of 6 technicians who dose Coumadin and help with the maintenance of drug monitoring for high risk medications, with oversight from a pharmacist.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing service to all patients on anticoagulant medication.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs patient visit interview and assesses patient’s needs regarding upcoming visits and/or procedures and any current problems with anticoagulant medication.
- Provides patient education on medication interactions with anticoagulants as well as diet instructions and adverse reactions.
- Relays information to cardiologist based on assessment. Pulls additional information from hospital, nursing homes and other facilities as needed.
- Makes phone calls to communicate medication dosages and next lab tests to homebound and nursing home patients. Calls overdue patients as a reminder.
- Answers incoming calls and assists patients with questions.
- Utilizes all software programs necessary to document patient’s lab results, history and dosing instructions.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year medical terminology experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, nurse practitioners and physicians.
- Bilingual preferred.
- 1 year clinical experience and/or Medical Assistant degree or certificate, certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, EPIC, SRS LHA mainframe, Intranet, Microsoft Outlook, Dawn AC software, Televox
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Continuously
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- High Pressure Steam/Gas
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/17/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.