Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is a not-for-profit health system with a comprehensive network of care, including more than 300 primary care and specialty physicians; outpatient and Urgent Care services’ four hospitals with a total of 786 licensed beds: Lancaster General Hospital, Women & Babies Hospital, Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital, and Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital.
Lancaster General Hospital is consistently ranked among the top hospitals in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania by U.S. News & World Report and numerous services are recognized nationally.
Our membership in Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical center and a nationally recognized, not-for-profit community health care system.
Position Description – Anesthesiology
- The Department of Anesthesiology at LGH is a large team of 34 physicians, 65 CRNAs and 17 Anesthesia Techs.
- They cover 50 anesthetizing locations daily with the primary hospitals being the Lancaster General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma center, and the Women and Babies Hospital in Lancaster.
- Annual case volume is 32,000 anesthetics per year with 750 cardiac surgery cases.
- The large team has been stable and thriving for many years and was in private practice locally for more than 50 years prior to joining the LGH team in January of 2020.
- Currently, they are recruiting to add 5 full-time Anesthesiologists to their team. Other employment options can be considered.
- The Anesthesiology team works primarily in a medically directed model with 75-80% of cases being involving a CRNA.
- Call is shared equally with 2 Anesthesiologists in-house per night. At-home call includes cardiac call and 2 on back up call.
- Anesthesiologists at LGH are extremely well-trained and qualified comfortable with all types of cases. All surgical modalities are represented except transplants and complex pediatric cases. There is a subset of 18 Anesthesiologists who also do cardiac Anesthesia which are personally administered.
- Teaching opportunities of SRNA’s and primary care residents rotating through anesthesiology are available. Academic appointments may be pursued through the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School Of Medicine. Minimum teaching requirements exist.
- Anesthesiologists with any experience level and availability will be considered with an understanding that there is a preference to fill and credential by March of 2023.
- Both cardiac and non-cardiac anesthesiologists are being recruited.
- An ideal candidate will be interested primarily in being part of very close-knit team, interested in a long-term practice, well-trained, professional, and friendly. Ties to or familiarity with the Lancaster/South Central PA area is also a plus.
- Process or able to obtain an unrestricted PA Medical License
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Medicine (Allopathic/Osteopathic)
- Must be board certified or board eligible
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary starting at $550K with a $25K variable component.
- 12 weeks paid time off
- Sign-on bonus and relocation
- Full benefits
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/18/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.