Anesthesia Technician (Full Time/Varied Shifts)
Responsible for serving as an active member of the Perioperative Team. The main responsibility of this job is to assist with all phases of the perioperative procedure to include but not limited to: basic operating /block room set-up and turnover, assist anesthesia providers, patient preparation and positioning, stocking of supplies, anesthetic blocks, setting up sterile trays for lines and any other job needed to be completed within Perioperative Services as directed by the Circulating Nurse, Charge Nurse, Coordinator, Anesthesia Technologist Facilitator or Anesthesia provider. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above).
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday through Friday with occasional weekend, holiday and on-call rotation.
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS! (external candidates)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepare for hemodynamic monitoring and insertion of invasive hemodynamic monitors.
- Assist with Anesthesiologist with peripheral nerve blocks within any location of LGH
Assists the Anesthesiologist/CRNA during cases. Duties include:
- Performs daily anesthesia machine checks
- preparing peripheral IV’s
- IV insertion to be under the direct supervision of the anesthesiologists or CRNA
- Assist with invasive lines
- drawing blood samples
- assisting with blood and fluid replacement
- preparing medications under the direct supervision of the anesthesiologist/CRNA
- Performs point of care testing and the QA’s associated
- Prepares fluid warmers
- Set up rapid transfusion devices
- Assist with difficult airway management
- Support anesthesia in non O.R. locations (endo, IVU, EP & Cath lab, ER)
- Stocks anesthesia carts
- Checks anesthesia equipment
- Orders anesthesia supplies and maintains par levels and adjusts inventory as indicated
- Performs daily checks of anesthesia equipment and supplies in all Operating Rooms
- Decontaminates anesthesia TEE equipment
- Provides support to the Surgical Team: ( as a team member will perform without hesitation or direction the duties below to maintain the flow of surgery)
- OR room preparation: Correct surgical bed with linens; Retrieve equipment as required; Assist with Opening sterile supplies
- Patient Preparation intra-op: Assist with prep & patient positioning using proper body mechanics; Assist with placement of OR equipment; Assist scrub team with sterile supplies, (Tying the backs of the scrub gowns); Supply/equipment retrieval prior to and during procedures and post procedure
- Transport specimens as requested
- Assure bed/stretcher is ready for patient at end of surgery
- Lifting help from OR bed to stretcher
- Flat surface cleaning
- Change out used anesthesia circuit and suction tubing
- Mop floor
- Remove trash and deliver to appropriate place
- Remove equipment and return to appropriate storage
- Patient transport as required
- End of shift
- Re-stock OR’s
- Return equipment/supplies to appropriate areas
- Report to the next shift status of OR’s
- Routinely performs necessary housekeeping independently within assigned area of department.
- Other duties
- Observes and reports unusual situations, reactions, effects, or conditions to responsible person. Reports equipment that is out of order.
- Understands and follows universal protocol
- Understands the parameters of the sterile field and traffic flow for the Operating Room
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Department Manager
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Transport patients from the Nursing Units to the Operating Room.
- Transports patients from the PACU to the Nursing Unit
- Trouble shoot the Operating Room electrical beds.
- With guidance from the surgical team connect electrical equipment to the outlets and assist with moving equipment up to the sterile field.
- Knowledgeable of how to take pieces of equipment out of service
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year of patient care experience or one (1) year of perioperative services experience
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
- One (1) year of Anesthesia related experience
- Graduate of Anesthesia Tech program
- Certified Anesthesia Tech
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/06/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.